Unlimited access >

Boot Repair- What would you do?

I left my boots in the car on a hot day for a couple of hours and the glue softened where the sole connects to the boot. These boots are pretty new and I hope to keep them nice for a long time. Would you glue it back yourself or take to a leather/shoe repair store? Has anyone had this happen?

I would go back to the tack store where I bought them and have them have Ariat replace them. I work at a tack store that carries Ariat.

If that doesn’t work, I’d have a shoe repair place reglue them. I think they can do it and do it right so it will last.

1 Like

I can’t tell if they are Ariats, but if so? Go through the Ariat repair place - NuShoe. My zippers gave out on mine, so I sent them in and in addition to repairing the zippers, I had them replace the soles. Came back looking and feeling great and they were still fantastic 4 years later for a lot cheaper than a new pair of boots.

I bought them in 2014, but they sat in storage (temp regulated) for 6 years because I wasn’t riding, so I am not sure if they would consider it if they are that old (even if they were minimally used prior to the break). I’ll call and ask just in case.

They are Ariats!

I just had my local cobbler reattach the sole to my 8-year-old Ariat Volants. It cost $10.

3 Likes

Your local boot person can repair and it’s really inexpensive. That way you don’t end up like me with over- flowing gorilla glue on the outside of the boot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would definitely find a local cobbler/shoe repair shop. I have had great success over the years with one near me. They can often do a lot more then you’d expect- and often for rock bottom prices!

I see! I thought the carbon fiber-looking heel cup made them look younger.

Ariat might not help you, but I do think they could be professionally fixed really well. I think that will be worth the money and the wait.

BTW, I believe it’s Wally’s of Wellington that is the official high-end boot surgeon. You could send this picture to them and see what they say. But that might be overkill.

As far as I’m aware there’s no cut off on when Ariat will accept a boot for repairs. You’re paying for the repair, for the record. It’s not free but it is a good repair. My own boots were old and one of their cheaper lines. They came home solid with fancier boot soles thanks to the upgrades since the boots were made. I’m sure a local cobbler could do it but when I reached out to my local folks, they were actually more expensive than Ariat and wanted me to drive 90 minutes round trip to drop them off (not all cobblers are interested in riding boots so I had to travel) whereas NuShoe sent me shipping materials and I could just drop my boots in the mail and get them delivered back to front door.