Unlimited access >

Boot Zippers

Anyone send them off to have them replaced? If so, where?

Local place does an ok job (not the best), but is $$$ and slow.

I’ve gotten the zippers replaced on two pairs of boots. One was a set of paddock boots that had gotten covered in muck (stepped into a shin-deep slurry of uncleaned horse pen after a rain storm). Zipper proceeded to split the next time I wore them. Second was a pair of second-hand tall boots where the slider went off the track.

I had them repaired at a local cobbler, around 5 minutes from my house. I think it was less than $100 for both; the new zippers were great and heavy-duty. Whatever the price was, it was less than buying new boots. I think it took a month (maybe more), but they had to specialty order the zipper for the tall boots, and I wasn’t in a hurry.

For boot work, I always send mine to Pisano Riding Boot Repair (Daniel Pisano). They are in PA, but I ship mine from TN. pisanoridingbootrepair.com I just got mine back from having them resew them where they were coming apart at the back of the heel area and had them “condition” the zipper for lack of a better term. They do great work!

2 Likes

Journeymans in MIddleburg

Xenia Boot Repair did a great job on mine

Where are you located?

Southeast Louisiana

Another vote for Journeyman in Middleburg. They do great work. I wonder with shipping costs and time lost, if it would be worth it though?

I dropped my boots off at a local place in the beginning of December and they were ready in the beginning of March. It was 200, but the zippers are a little weird at the very bottom where they put the new ones in and some of the stitching is messy.

Sorry to hear that, can you go back to them and ask for a better job?

I’m on the West Coast so can’t really recommend anyone for you.