Unlimited access >

Boots for riding and walking

If you have wide feet, State Line Tack carries most sizes of the Ariat Terrains in a wide width. They are my favorites and I wear them for hiking, walking, at the barn, etc. Before I retired my mare, I rode in them with half chaps from JustChaps in the UK - they have a wide range of sizes and are well-made.

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting and waiting for rain to try my new H2O Terrains out in. Finally today we had some (before I woke up but later on the grass was still nice and wet, with some puddles).
I had a nice walk and came home with my feet as snug and dry as when I set out. I love how the raindrops beaded up on the leather just like it does on my rubber wellies.
These Terrains are more comfortable for walking than my wellies are. I don’t know how warm they’ll be as it looks like winter is finally over here (too soon for me but oh well). I love walking in wet grass and through puddles and in the rain, so I’m looking forward to our next rain (maybe tomorrow, maybe next week).

Thanks to all of you for your Terrains info! I really love these, and I feel confident they’ll last at least as long as my previous (nonwaterproof) Terrains did.

Now to find a horse to ride in them …

1 Like

I rode in my other Terrains years ago with half chaps, until I switched to a western saddle. I don’t remember the brand of the half chaps. Tredstep Ireland, IIRC.

1 Like