Bowen Therapy Anyone?

I haven’t updated the thread I started in June about a T12 compression fracture. I must. But the bottom line is that I was led to expect a pain-free full range of motion, but I still have pain, and far from a full range of motion.

Briefly, doing PT, exercise from PT (basically pilates & yoga), carrying myself with Alexander Technique, moist heat, baths, tiger balm, plus methocarbamol, alleve or motrin. Just don’t want to have to live on those, so I do without when I can. I still can’t pick a hoof without suffering.

Now, I’m looking at other modalities that might help. On my list: back to full yoga practice (hopefully next week), backontrack, acupuncture, hands-on Alexander Technique, massage, tiger balm, etc, etc.

Just came across Bowen Therapy and there’s a therapist in my town.

Does anyone have any experience with Bowen Therapy?

Hi Easyrider, I had Bowen treatment for a frozen shoulder and was amazed at how gentle, relaxing and effective it was. Three treatments and my shoulder was back to normal. I now have treatment every couple of months just to keep everything running smoothly. I was so impressed with Bowen that I have trained and now practice as a Bowen therapist. I have had clients with back pain unable to lie flat on the treatment table, but half way through the treatment their position alters and suddenly they are more flexible. So go for it. It’s a great therapy.

I had good experience with this treatment modality as well. I was amazed at the results from just the softest of touches. For me, it was not more expensive than a sports massage, and I knew after the first treatment that it worked.

I would stll be doing it, but unfortunately, my therapist died in an accident:( I will say, though, my body did not go back to where it was before, so it appears that some lasting changes were made.

Thank you!

Thanks for your responses. It’s great to hear that this worked for you. As it happens, there is a serious Bowen therapist around the corner from me. I just called her and hope to set up an appt.

I’ve had that treatment for tense shoulder/back muscles. It worked wonders.