Unlimited access >

Brainstorming New Jobs

After 30 years in the classroom, I am finishing up my career as a science teacher. I am excited when I think about I can do next.Tonight I came across this… a composting system for horse barns, and a recycled product of horse bedding made of cardboard.
I could combine my love of science with helping horse owners instill healthy practices for the environment. Do you think this us actually something that would interest horse barn owners?

http://www.o2compost.com/why-o2compost.aspx
http://airliteusa.com/index.html

It’s too late for me to think that hard, but thank you so much for your 30 years of teaching!!

I think the Airlite producer is my neighbor… so if you need to get in touch with him…

Many cattle feedlots and dairies here have manure digesters and companies that process manure in piles to compost it, a machine walks along the piles turning them regularly.

Then the products are used to produce gas to fuel generators for their use and other is spread in fields as fertilizer.

There is a whole industry doing that around here.
They are happy to develop new ideas, their industry is growing, looking at the new trucks they keep buying to spread the waste.
My understanding, they are heavily regulated by several government agencies.
They can’t just spread whatever they want whenever they want and have to run tests in batches of materials and keep extensive records.

You may want to check into those also.

Thanks Manni01! I will keep that in mind if I actually followup on this!

[QUOTE=Palm Beach;8694578]
It’s too late for me to think that hard, but thank you so much for your 30 years of teaching!![/QUOTE]

Thanks PAlm Beach!

Get involved in selling/installing* solar power for arena roofs. Congress just extended the federal tax incentive thru 2020, and capital costs have come down so much that it’s seriously a good investment that large facilities may not be aware of
ETA *not you installing them directly, but working with installers. Lots of technology and fairly complex financing arrangements that would benefit from a smart person like you