Breeches for the one and a half handed rider?!?! Revisited for winter post 79

Have you tried side zips? They do zip on the left side but maybe with a zipper pull?Also replace the snap with velcro.

[QUOTE=JRG;4341532]
“Pink”!

I have to tell you, one week before a big show for me I washed my white equissentials with a pair of my brown ones (I wasn’t paying attention that the washer was already being used).

I had the most lovely shade of pink breeches with a white full seat!

Equessentials replaced the fabric of the breeches for me, but I am sure they had a good laugh…I know I did (after the replacement pair was on its way).lol[/QUOTE]

That story is hilarious. Thank goodness the pink fabric was replaced!

Smart Pak’s advertising/media person contacted me - she was away - so I resent her the link!

Invite, You Have Created a Challenge!

Ok, Invite is getting all beautiful for her clinic. I’m quietly hiding in my non -closing breeches, humming a little tune that I WILL be able close the top 3-4" by the time she arrives and I have to go PUBLIC. I have been hanging my big cell phone over the zipper and riding at dusk, so I feel like Zorro on the trails.:cool:

I finally took the paper bag off my head, and realized it isn’t going to happen. The vertebrae are not going to suddenly suck back to their original positions, no matter how fit I get.

I haven’t been able to find new breeches that fit, since I am petite, short waisted and my waist is now out of proportion to the standard manufacturer’s specs.

So yesterday, I screwed up my courage, called a custom tailor in Warrenton and asked if she could look at my one pair of ariats that don’t have black dye from the saddle and see if there was any way to make them respectable.
This was a scary move because the last time I tried this idea with 2 different tailors I ended up with one saying there isn’t enough fabric to cover THAT big of an expanse :eek:and the second one made them smaller.

This tailor was very sympathetic and interested in our cotH para threads. She wants to follow us and cheer us on!!!:D:D

She looked at the breeches and said she would put aside some other work so I will have 1 pair for the clinic! I have to bring in another pair in the same color that have schooling status, due to the black on the bottom. She is going to take fabric from the 2nd pair to fix the 1st. Wahoo-Wah!

The second will have some other fabric to fix it’s waist band. Maybe I will conjure up something that looks deliberate. Tiger stripes, leopard spots, or paisley. I guess hot pink in honor of Invite is a possibility…

The presentable pair are in dark taupe, so if I spill my ice cream or my horses slobber on me, it shouldn’t show too much. I wonder if scotchguard will make them melt?

Hot Pink

Maybe you could find hot pink spandex and use the pieces of said spandex to create little waist extenders. It would be super sexy!! Maybe some little hot pink appliques on the tush cheeks. Start a trend, Whicker.

If you get your breeches dirty on day 1, we’ll grab some Woolite, wash them in the hotel sink, and spend our evening driving around while holding them out the car window. You drive and I’ll hold the breeches!

Tropical rider has seamstresses on staff that are happy to customize for you. I am also petite and short waisted and they will make them shorter and put on the low rise waistband, which I find more comfortable and flattering. They will also put on a different waistband (say M) onto a pair of differently sized breeches.

Thank you, Vali!!!

Vali,
Thank you sooo much. This breech problem has been a nightmare for 4 years. When I tried to fasten the breeches, the pressure on the vertebrae made me too sick to move and I lost the feeling in my legs afterwards.

I had tried equissentials and they couldn’t fit me custom. I hope that smart pak replies soon to DressageGeek. They seem to care about new market niches.

I will give Tropical rider a call and see if they can do something

whicker - I forwarded you the response - I think they’d like to talk with YOU!

Sorry, DressageGeek!

My apologies, DressageGeek! I will talk with them. You have done a super job of getting them interested!!

No no - it’s just making the connections!!

But I did point out that “able bodied” riders would be a market as well!

Finally got some Kerrits info

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for your email and I apologize for my delay in response, this email was just brought to my attention. First, I can certainly clarify any questions on the thread and will do that; the chronicle forums are a great way for people to get more information and discuss trends etc. So you know our breeches are quite easy to fit and do have a nice range as they are sized XS, S, M, L and XL. It is true that fit between styles may be slightly different, and this is because of the body fabric used in the specific breeches. In the example of the microcord fullseats and the sit tights; the sit tights utilize a stretch woven fabric so they do have nice four-way stretch, however will feel more fitted; the microcords are the more flexible, stretchy material. In general, fullseat are going to fit slightly tighter than kneepatch solely due to the nature of the pant. I hope this helps, if you have other questions please let me know. With all our bottoms, I always tell customers to try a couple of sizes and wear what they are most comfortable in, there is no magic formula!

As far as your question and comment about pull-on Bamboo fullseats, I will certainly pass this along to Kerri and our production manager. We are definitely working to maintain our commitment to the environment and bamboo as a renewable resource and fabric is a great way for us to do so.

We do have our new Breathe Tight, which is a pull-on fullseat that you may be interested in:

http://www.kerrits.com/product_BreatheTight_w09.asp

There is also a winter version:

http://www.kerrits.com/product_PowerStretchBreatheTight_w09.asp

Both these bottoms use GripStretch which is a synthetic material that has fantastic stretch, as well as great tight in the tack technology. They are both easy to get on and may be a great option if you have not tried them yet.

Please feel free to email me directly, mary@kerrits.com with any questions or comments you may have. I hope this information helps. Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and I look forward to any further comments, questions or concerns you may have.

All the Best,

Mary

Mary Cobey

Kerrits Equestrian Apparel
P.O. Box 1108
Hood River, OR 97031

Toll Free: 1.800.274.7946
Phone: 541.386.4187
Cell: 203.910.7609

www.kerrits.com

That’s great response from Kerrits!

I’m late to the party but I have to plug Tropical Rider for having the best pull on breeches. (I get the low rise dressage patch in deerskin.) Personally, I like them better than FITS. I absolutely love their products, and other than my RTS breeches they are all I’ll wear anymore. I’m gearing up for a winter breech order right now in fact!

[QUOTE=alacrity;4349028]
That’s great response from Kerrits!

I’m late to the party but I have to plug Tropical Rider for having the best pull on breeches. (I get the low rise dressage patch in deerskin.) Personally, I like them better than FITS. I absolutely love their products, and other than my RTS breeches they are all I’ll wear anymore. I’m gearing up for a winter breech order right now in fact![/QUOTE]

I must have the longest rise in the world. Half the breeches I have owned fit me as though they were low rise…and no, they were not. I truly think a pair of low rise would barely come above the tush cheeks. People don’t need to see that!!!

ditto!

Dye

My dye arrived today for my white Irideons I bought in the bargain basement. I hope they come out nicely. I bought the dye from Amazon and it worked out to be reasonable to purchase 3 different colors. I’ll be checking out bargains everywhere to get 2 more pair of white breeches so I can use my other 2 packets of dye. Pair # 1, the Irideons, are going to be navy. Well, I’m going to try to make them come out navy :wink:

But I followed the directions

I bought the correct dye for my white bargain basement Irideons. I followed the directions precisely. My lovely breeches look as though I sat on a Smurf and smeared it on the fullseat. The rest of the breeches are powder blue. These babies didn’t even come close to NAVY BLUE!!! I guess I won’t go for the smurf butt look at the Missy clinic. These breeches will be for use at home only…preferably when there is no chance of company. On the upside, these breeches are soooo comfortable and they only cost me $50.

What happens when you dye them again? Maybe it takes several rounds of dye. It might be worth talking to the dye manufacturer. Or a post on the off course forum.

[QUOTE=whicker;4364213]
What happens when you dye them again? Maybe it takes several rounds of dye. It might be worth talking to the dye manufacturer. Or a post on the off course forum.[/QUOTE]

My mother actually says they will be smashing with a pink top, so I may stay smurfy!!!
BTW, check your email!!!

Thank you Moderator 1

I asked Moderator 1 to move this thread from the dressage forum to this forum because I thought it could offer more help to more riders by being moved here.

The news on my pull ons is as follows:

My favorites are the FITS. When I am back to showing, I will be getting a pair of white FITS!!!

Second place and best value goes to the Irideons

Third place goes to my Kerrits. If I were a bit shorter, I might like the Kerrits better, but I’m not therefore I do not!

The BEST winter breeches

I just opened my birthday present from my parents. Naturally it was wrapped in PINK paper :wink: Mom and Dad bought me FITS winter breeches with the fullseat. They are 100% delicious!!! I adore them. Now I just need a beastie to ride, but I’ve got the breeches.

After all of my trials and tribulations while searching for breeches, I think I am a FITS girl. The winter ones are super fuzzy and cozy. To top it off, they are long enough for me. I am so excited!!!