Unlimited access >

Breeding suggestions

I have a mare I love everything about her. She is by Dallas VdL by Evita kwpn (quidam de revel). I’m looking to breed maybe add some movement and quiet amateur temperament-priority. Any ideas? I’m looking for amateur friendly hunters who could also do lower level dressage.

You might consult @MsRidiculous. She has a consulting business for breeding.

2 Likes

Fresh or frozen? Are you looking to breed this year? It may be too late for some stallions to order frozen for this year from Europe, but if you’re looking for another year that expands the search. Is your mare approved with any registries or do you have any registries in mind? I couldn’t find her dam in Horsetelex, what is her full pedigree? Do you know your mare’s FFS carrier status? How big is she? A conformation picture would be helpful or at least information about her build (uphill, downhill, length, bone, etc) would help too.

Have you considered a Cleveland Bay? They will add substance, a good mind to any crossbred foal. All foals are able to be register with the Cleveland Bay Horse Society as Partbreds.

Galveston is a young stallion, was competed in Enduance Riding and did very well. I personally like a stallion who has been in competition, stayed sane around other horses, because trainability and a good mind are important to me. His first colts just arrived last year, look very nice. His information is on the Cleveland Bay Horse Society of North America website under Stallions.

Arena Maestro has sired a number of very nice foals, both pure Cleveland and partbreds, who have done quite well in the show ring. They also have frozen semen from Fox hollow Navigator who is deceased. We have a Navigator gelding from his early foal crops that is a very nice looking and moving horse. The gelding is a Partbred, smooth gaited, hard worker, quite easy to handle. I am not familiar with their third stallion, Ivanhoe. You can contact the owner at their Bella Vista Cleveland Bays website.