Unlimited access >

Breeding to Alme Z line

Alme is super sport, but temperament not always easy. Personally I wouldn’t double up on it. Not sure what is out there for Heartbreaker for fresh but frozen of his and his sons is poor. Navarone (Jus de Pomme x Armstrong) is good for producing super jumpers and temperaments but not likely to produce much more than 16-2.

We have Douglas by Darco frozen. He has been popular and throwing big.

Judgement is a good choice too.

Kathy

I don’t know if Judgement would improve ride-ability here.

The Judgement-Galoubet we breed is mannerly and intact. Easy to ride and handle, but handled by same people from birth. Would use Judgement again if it did not involve shipping across country for on the farm breeding.

I have an Alme Z mare as well. Bred her for the first time in 2013 to Imothep. Got a huge, leggy colt, but my mare is also 16.3 (as is Imothep). So far, he has been easy to handle and pretty much takes everything in stride. Very sweet and curious, learns quickly. If you’re interested, PM me and I can send you some pictures.

Hyperion Stud was also excellent to work with, I would not hesitate using one of their stallions again. Plus this year they have a very impressive roster.

On my short list for 2015 is Capone, Valentino Z, Con Capilot and Chicardo. Would have loved Mezcalero but I missed booking him last year before he was retired. If you’re looking for Darco, check out Valentino Z. He is supposed to be the epitome of an ammy friendly stallion and I’m told his babies get his great temperament.

[QUOTE=can’t re-;7894562]
Interesting thread. Are those of you doubling up on Alme breeding for hunters?
Ramiro X Alme was a pretty well known nick.

Here is an older, but interesting thread: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-205061.html[/QUOTE]

You know I’ve never thought about breeding for a hunter from her. Roxy did extremely well in the hunters with John French. I know that the pre-greens are huge at the moment. I am more of a jumper, however, I wouldn’t mind her first foal being a re-sale in the pre-greens :wink: Any good hunter stallions out there? The names I’ve heard are Rolando, Redwine, and of course Riverman…Any more suggestions?

Also thank you again everybody for posting your ideas! I have indeed read them and have taken some of your ideas and put them on my Baby Daddy wish list!