Unlimited access >

Breeding to Winston

Outstanding character, conformation and athletic ability make this 16.3 H,13 Y.O. Hanoverian Stallion an excellent choice for your breeding program.

As a sire Winston has proven to be an excellent cross with TB and Arab mares producing modern, elegant sport horse prospects.

Winston will be standing at Up and Over Farm in South Carolina. Their website is
www.upandoverfarm.com

can someone put a link on here to this boy. :slight_smile:

Which Winston is this and where is he standing, please?

?

I went to the web page, he is lovely! I do have a few questions for the wonderful folks who are donating this…

1. Is he currently licensed/approved? If so, with whom?
  2. What is his pedigree?
  3. What other fees will be required by the winner, such as containter, shipping, collection, etc?
  4. Is he EVA neg? Is is vaccinated?
  5. Is there a LFG? If so, how long?
  6. Does this have to be used in 2007 or can it be rolled into 2008?
  7. I didn’t see a link to a breeding contract, is there one?

I think that is it.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

I would also like to know about any other fees…

Jennifer

I’m not related to this horse at all–but I followed him when he was eventing with Ralph Hill.

He caught my eye because he seemed to be such a generous, honest and kind horse.

IIRC, he did not get accepted into the Hanovarian book (I think because they deemed him too old fashioned). The owner can fill you in more on that, I don’t know if she pursued getting him approved elsewhere. Regardless, he is certainly a lovely guy with much more of a performance record than many stallions standing today.

My interest certainly perked when I saw him listed here, he’s got the character and history for a horse I’d like to breed to.

$100

Answers to questions…

1. Is he currently licensed/approved? If so, with whom?
    *** No, he is not approved at this time, however we are taking him to the RSPI inspection in August.

2. What is his pedigree?
    ***Recheck the website, we now have a link posted with that information.

3. What other fees will be required by the winner, such as containter, shipping, collection, etc?
    *** Only other fees would be collection and shipping costs and we are getting the 2007 information from our vet and that too will be posted on the site as soon as we hear back from them.

4. Is he EVA neg? Is is vaccinated?
    *** Talked with his owner, Yes he is EVA negative.

5. Is there a LFG? If so, how long?
    *** We have a FANTASTIC LFG. You are guaranteed a live foal up to 6 months of age!

6. Does this have to be used in 2007 or can it be rolled into 2008?
    *** Susan nor I have any problems with the breeding being in 2008.

7. I didn’t see a link to a breeding contract, is there one?
    *** Breeding contract now also available on the website and goes into more detail on the LFG.

Good Luck everyone and happy bidding!!!

great!

please advise of shipping & collection costs!

The vets pricing link is http://www.carolinaequineclinic.com/Services/reproductive_services.htm They say the new prices should be up soon but should not be more than $25-50 more this year if it raises any at all. Plus there is a refund after the equitainer is returned. Look for the new prices asap… Sorry this is taking so long to get straightened out, I didn’t know where to find the forums till just recently. Thanks for you patience and hope hes what you are looking for. -Shea.

$225

My Winston would be happy to be confused with this Winston

:eek: $250

$275

$300

$330

You guys…350

$360