Unlimited access >

Bridle for petit headed Arabian

My Arab gelding has a very refined and tiny head. His endurance bridle is cob on almost all of the tightest holes. I would like to get him a decent (mid-range price point) dressage bridle without a flash. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Bobby’s or Schneider’s. I bought a cob in Bobby’s once and it definitely ran small like it was made for an Arabian. I think Schneider’s still has their petite dressage bridle. Their Joseph Sterling line is really nice for the price.

2 Likes

I have the Schneiders Petite Dressage Bridle and love it! It doesn’t overwhelm my horse’s face and has a removeable flash with a slot to tuck the tab.

1 Like

I bought their rolled comfort bridle for my mare and it is really, really nice! I found the crank length too big even for her stock horse head so I’d definitely go with their petite model(s) for an Arab

1 Like

I agree with the suggestions already made. I had a bobby’s cob and pony, same bridle in each size to pull pieces and parts together for the ‘best’ fit on my section C welsh cob with a very petite/pony head. He was cob in the forehead/poll and pony in the muzzle/cheek pieces. Even having to buy both bridles was far less expensive than my other bridles (for my larger Morgan).

2 Likes

The collected pony has a lovely selection of bridles, I would bet they have something that would fit your boy. They are also very helpful when it comes to sizing.

4 Likes

“Skookumhorse Leatherwork” can make you a custom made bridle, to your specifications. Local to me, but ships worldwide. Beautiful, quality workmanship.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I will take a look at your suggestions :slight_smile:

I used a Passier on my arab and it fit/looked great. They have a number of styles that are less bulky and better for a refined head.

1 Like

I have a “not quite 15.1hh” Saddlebred with a pony-sized head, but pony bridles don’t really fit. :stuck_out_tongue:

I measured her and bought a custom Flexible Fit Equestrian bridle. I LOVE that i can pick and choose size/style for each part of the bridle. I bought two different types of nosebands and browbands! https://ffequestrian.com/

6 Likes

She’s gorgeous!

2 Likes

Aww thank you! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I usually have to ask for measurements. I have a couple solo bridles and their cob fits my arabs really well. Schneiders is also a good option.

With that typey of a head you might have to older parts and put one together

I have even more trouble with leather halters.

1 Like

I agree, she is lovely!

1 Like

My mom’s Arab is in a Schockemohle Malibu bridle in cob. It fits great!

He looks lovely!

I can’t help but tell you that my brain keeps reading the title as “…my petty-headed Arabian.” :joy:

1 Like

lol- that title is probably fitting too haha

1 Like

What is your endurance bridle? Zilco is great at making araby sizes

It’s a small cob from Distance Depot. I do have several Zilco for my other guys (cob) but they are a touch big for him. I haven’t put a stick on him but he’d probably just 14h

I have the Schneider bridle and like it for the price point especially if you can get it on sale.

My newer show bridle is the rolled Lumiere and I like it lays better by her eyes and ears.

My double is a Passier and I really like it as well.

This is the Lumiere.

5 Likes