Unlimited access >

Bridle nameplate question...?

I recently purchased a new bridle for my show horse (we do eq and hunters) and I need to go ahead and buy a new brass nameplate for it. My question is do you guys prefer your name or your horses name on the plate? Thanks in advance!

I’d say if you own multiple horses in work… Horse’s name. Just the one, or not owning, I’d put bridle owner’s name :slight_smile:
That being said, the horse’s name plate could make a nice keepsake for after the horse’s retirement, and you could put it on a leather bracelet if it’s the right size.

I have my name on all my tack, but I find it helpful when people who have multiple horses have the horses name on the tack, makes it easier to find.

I guess it depends on how long you plan to have the horse. If it is a horse you plan to keep for a while, you could get the horse’s name. If it is a horse you may not have for that long, I would get your name, that way a different horse can use the bridle.

He’s definitely a keeper…a “one-in-a-million” kind of guy! And yes, I have multiple horses…so I’m leaning towards his name (In Good Company).

I have my name on all my bridles. I have 2 horses but I don’t board at a full service place. I tack my own horses up and take care of my own tack.

I can see how much easier it would be if you had grooms to have the horses name on them.

I have my name on all my tack, except for my horse’s halter which has her name on it.

Since I have multiple horses in work, the personal bridles have horse names on them. They all go in different bits, but nevertheless, they have horsey names on them. I have nameplates with my last name for all my pieces of tack. A couple of my bridles that are not in use right now have my last name. If I were to sell one of the horses, I would take the name off and put last name on. All my martingales have last name, as do both of my saddles.

I have my name on my bridles and on one of my saddles. My martingale doesn’t have a nameplate on it. Nikki’s saddle (which only gets used on her) has a nameplate that says “Wondermare.”

[QUOTE=supershorty628;7079301]
I have my name on my bridles and on one of my saddles. My martingale doesn’t have a nameplate on it. Nikki’s saddle (which only gets used on her) has a nameplate that says “Wondermare.”[/QUOTE]

That is AWESOME! :yes: I totally love it.

Maybe I should get a plate that says “Drama Queen” for my mare’s saddle? :lol:

Mine has my last name on tack and show halters.

[QUOTE=PaintPony;7079465]
That is AWESOME! :yes: I totally love it.

Maybe I should get a plate that says “Drama Queen” for my mare’s saddle? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Drama queen could be for “me” AND my horses!

My saddle & bridle have name plates with my First & Last name. If I had a horse I would definitely put his name on the bridle. Plus, you can always take off the name plates and put new ones.

Except for halters, which generally get two-line plates with my horse’s name and my name, I don’t do much with plates, unless I happen to pick up a piece of used tack that still has the former owner’s plate on it (or doesn’t, but clearly had a plate previously).

I’m more inclined to put my first (or first two) initial(s) and my last name than I am to put my horse’s name. The exception is a bridle I picked up that had a plate that said “Starstruck” on it… my mare’s barn name is Star and the bridle was for her, so I just left it.

If I need to distinguish between bridles by horse for some reason (someone else is getting ready, etc), I’m more likely to use a round tag on an S-hook with the horse’s name on it (and take it off for showing). Also easier to move around if bridles switch.

If my horses had custom saddles, then I would probably put plates on the saddles with the horse’s names… or maybe I would just use a saddle cover with the appropriate name on it.

Basically, my rationale is that I bought the stuff - it’s mine, dammit! :lol: