Unlimited access >

Bridle sprayed by tom cat, HELP

The tack has all been removed from this barn full of stinky stray cats, but now how do I get the stink out of my tack. The saddle was kept well covered and is probably ok, but I think the bridle got hoses by a tom cat. Anyway, even with all the windows open, my car smells of cat pee after transporting my tack back home. Suggestions for de-stinkifying???

Dunk it in Nature’s Miracle or something similar to eliminate the odor. You’ll need to condition it well after as it will be drying to the leather.

2 Likes

You need a something to break down the enzymes.

Clean with vinegar then something that breaks down enzymes. I use Angry Orange ( it was on sale), but natures miracle works.

Then condition and oil your leather. It will dry it out.

3 Likes

A shelter I adopted from suggested OTC douche.
Any “flavor” except vinegar.
This was for things inside the house, fabric, etc., to discourage spraying in the same place.
They said to soak the area, then blot up, so you’d have to submerge your tack.
Earning you some odd looks from cashiers as you ring up multiple bottles of Summers Eve :laughing:
Worth a try for your bridle.

2 Likes

I live in a very small town…might be worth doing that just for the looks! :wink: :joy:

3 Likes

Another vote for Nature’s Miracle.

The amount of stink that Angry Orange can remove is amazing. Far better than any enzymatic pet cleaner I’ve ever used.

Thank you for your help. I believe I have a bottle of Nature’s Miracle, so I’ll give it a go.