Unlimited access >

Bridle too big? (Harwich Padded Fancy Stitch)

[QUOTE=hAlterHorse;7515744]
I would not return a bridle you have already punched holes in. If you wanted to return or exchange it, you would have needed to do that before you made permanent modifications to it (punching holes). If this is a lease horse, does he not have his own equipment? Is there a reason you can’t use his owners bridle or the bridle that he currently goes in? (And boots too…) You’ve posted about your financial challenges and now it seems like your parents have agreed to lease for you which is great, keep the custom cwd order, get show boots, etc. Every lease horse that I have ever either had on lease or leased out has had it’s own equipment (bridle, boots, any special pads, etc) provided by either the barn or the owner. There is no reason to be spending a bunch of money on bridles and show boots for a lease horse, this should all be stuff that the horses owner (or the barn if it is a barn owned horse) has available for your use.[/QUOTE]

But if the lease horse didn’t come with that, then you do have to get it yourself.

Of my last 3, 1 came with 2 whole trunks of stuff (right down to fly spray), 1 came with a bridle and a blanket, and one came with the stable blanket she shipped in only. You only get as much stuff as the owner wants to send, and if they don’t want to send show boots (I would keep mine, quite frankly) and a bridle, you’re out of luck.

Congratulations for working out your finances somehow. I also agree that you should see about having the cheek pieces cut down.

[QUOTE=HJEq;7515985]
But if the lease horse didn’t come with that, then you do have to get it yourself.

Of my last 3, 1 came with 2 whole trunks of stuff (right down to fly spray), 1 came with a bridle and a blanket, and one came with the stable blanket she shipped in only. You only get as much stuff as the owner wants to send, and if they don’t want to send show boots (I would keep mine, quite frankly) and a bridle, you’re out of luck.

Congratulations for working out your finances somehow. I also agree that you should see about having the cheek pieces cut down.[/QUOTE]

I switched out the 2 ring I was given for another one, and it now fit’s fine. I just think the rings on the other one were too big. It now fits great. I also use a twisted Copper Dr. Bristol (idk what the exact name is) but I think it’ll be fine with that also. Not returning it since it’s not fair to Smartpak to take something back since I punched holes in the bridle.

Also, thanks on the finances! I’m still in shock my trainer was able to find me a reasonably priced 3’ horse that was already boarded at the barn I was riding at. Had no idea he existed until she put me on him one day for a lesson. Wicked nice horse. Very thankful. :yes: