Unlimited access >

Bridle

Need ideas for non monocrown bridle. My horse needs a specific noseband that won’t work with monocrown head stall!

Any ideas?

Hunter bridle or jumper bridle?

Jumper, ideally

How much are you wanting to spend?

None of Edgewood’s bridles have monocrowns, and are of wonderful quality. I’m not sure how much you’re wanting to spend, but you can’t go wrong with these quality-wise. Hadfield’s also has a selection of bridles with a traditional crown, but these are quite pricy (also lovely quality, though).

At a more moderate price point, HK Americana has really nice bridles that have a traditional crown and are very nicely made for the price. If the integrated crown in which the poll piece of the noseband runs through a couple of slots and over the top of the crown would work, HK Aramas is also a great option.

I have purchased the vast majority of my bridles used and have found tons of really nice ones, mostly older models with traditional crowns. There are a few sellers on eBay that occasionally have some really nice show quality ones. I love the older Crosby, older Beval/Jeffries/Dover Wellington, Edgewood, Hadfield’s, Jimmy’s, Northrun, Courbette, Stübben, etc. Speaking of Stübben, I’m not sure what their current offerings are, but they might have a more traditionally styled bridle without a monocrown that might work. They tend to have coarser leather than what is typical in H/J land, but wear like iron and will last forever (same with Courbette/Lemetex, though that brand is sadly no longer in business, but several used ones in good condition still float around online).

3 Likes