Unlimited access >

British Horse Documentary on PBS from the 80s?

I’ll have to find it and get it copied. Okay, found it. I have Dressage, Driving, Eventing, Polo, Showjumping, and Rodeo.

2 Likes

This is exciting! Thank you Xeroxchick!

I’m not even sure about the quality of the videos, but I will find a place to get them transcribbed and make a few jump drives. Let me see what I can do.

It’s being put on a dvd and jump drive. I’m going to try to put them on YouTube. I’ve never done that but it can’t be that hard, right? I don’t think there is any copyright issue?

2 Likes

I’m just seeing this. That’s funny about the Michael Landon commercials.

Yes, thank you!!! When it’s brutally cold coming up we’ll all be able to watch and then write in! I’m friends with Kim Walnes on Facebook and she didn’t even know about being featured in the docu.

AND, here’s a podcast just released today about an upcoming docu about her and Goose:
https://www.horseradionetwork.com/2021/12/03/hitm-for-dec-3-2021-mother-goose-adulting-and-reallie-badd-adz-by-kentucky-performance-products/

1 Like

I can’t wait to see these! The showjumping one is timeless! I think I could recite lines by heart!
My favorite line:
Asked by the narrator about how to pick a good show jumper. (Lots of time is spent on this topic and it goes into Paul Schockmole’s place and this guy is trying to catch a baby around feeding time and gets run around by the baby like crazy and gives up) Anyway- the guys says:
How do you pick a good show jumper?
He answers that “it has to have a good brain and a good heart…two things you cannot see!”
Then later, I think the same guy is asked what makes a good horse and rider combo- and they show Diester ridden by Paul Schockmole-again- and the guy says, “It’s like having a good marriage…you know when to throw your hat through the door OR NOT…you know when to speak up OR NOT.”
I watched this video so many times, and I honestly looked for those qualities in my future husband! LOL!!! (And we have been married 18 years now!)

I’m still waiting for the videos to be put on a jump drive. The videos are old and they had some problems. When I get them imma gonna do my best to post to YouTube!

1 Like

I’m excited to see them again! It’s a REALLY well done series! Thank you xeroxchick!

It’s like a Christmas present!!! :man_dancing:

So the guy says it’s done and now I’m going to see if he will put it on YouTube for me. My rural internet is not so hot and that is a large download to my computer to put it up. Working on this!

3 Likes

I forgot all about this and that is amazing you are running with the torch. We SO appreciate it!!!
It’s a big pay it forward kind of thing. You take the rest of the winter off ok? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well, the tech guy is in quarantine and sick, so, hang in there.

1 Like

Hope he feels better soon. Poor guy!

2 Likes

Looking forward to it!

Hello! I’m sorry I know this forum is ancient and this thread probably dead but i have been looking for this series for YEARS! I always remembered the title as ‘horses 6 part series’ and while i have it on VHS, the tape is degraded and i can’t find anyone to restore it. Was anyone able to find the series on CD or online??

Thank you so much in advance!

1 Like

Hello! Glad to hear I am not the only one who enjoyed this series as a kid. I had ended up messaging Lucinda Green on facebook to ask about possibility of this being available somehow via streaming or DVD and she responded saying to her knowledge that it was not :frowning: I do still have my VHS with the series that my mom had taped from PBS (and a VCR). The quality isn’t too bad but it would be great to have something slightly more updated.