Unlimited access >

Bronze Medal Mission Accomplished

:crossed_fingers:

Put that pin on your show coat lapel!! Wear it proudly! Congrats to OP and @LetItBe!

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations! That’s terrific.

How amazing! Congrats!!

Amazing news! Congrats on the awesome accomplishment!

Congratulations on this amazing accomplishment!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Congrats! My own journey to my bronze medal took 23 years, although it took me 19 years to get my first level scores. It took 3 horses over 4 years to get all my scores.

I’m now going for my bronze freestyle bar. Hope to have that finished up next month!

1 Like

Congratulations, I will be sure and order the pin.

1 Like

Congratulations! I finished mine in January as well - it took me about ten years and a different horse to get the final Third Level score after the previous horse informed me he had aged out of working that hard, but we finally did it!

1 Like

Congratulations! I third getting the pin to wear on your show coat lapel. I think it dresses up even my plain mesh coat. The regular medal just sits in a drawer but the pin you can wear every time you show.

7 Likes

Congratulations!

Didn’t know about that one, thanks!

LetItBe

Any tips to share on how to expedite the process? I do realize the training of the horse takes years, of course.

Got my first score in 2003 and my last in 2022, so welcome to the ~20 years club. Huge congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations! Way to persist. Your partner is so handsome :heart_eyes:.

Susan

It’s not necessary to do this on one horse. Many people borrow horses to show in order to have a better shot of getting scores, and IMO there’s nothing wrong with this. If it works for you (or anyone), I say go for it. You still have to ride the horse, right?

I realize this could turn into a debate about whether it’s “cheating” to get scores on a horse you don’t train. I hope not. It’s isn’t always possible. If my horse tops out at PSG, and I can borrow and ride a horse to get the rest of the FEI scores, good for me.

2 Likes

I think having a good coach is key to the process. But you also may have to switch horses. I got my first and second level scores on my trakehner cross. Then I had a few horses in between that never got to 3rd, mostly because of unsoundness. My current ride is my first horse to ever get to 3rd with. I had professional help getting g him there

5 Likes

I have a good coach and ride with great clinicians. I trained my pony up the levels myself with their help which took 8 years from Training level to Third, but we always have to go back and fix things I taught her wrong on my own.:slight_smile:

It’s everyone’s own journey and if it’s your goal take the best path in front of you and remember you can always change your path.

LetItBe

6 Likes

Congratulations!!

I had a similar story - I got my first level scores in the late 90s, and then got my 2nd level scores in 2020 and earned my third level scores and my bronze in 2021. When people who only know me now with my current horse say I earned it “fast” I tell them it took over 20 years!