Unlimited access >

Bucas Power Turnout

Has anyone tried this? Curious about their claims that it works over a 50 degree temperature range.

I had one for a horse who sweated easily and was at a barn where I felt they over-blanketed. It was perfect! I highly recommend.

2 Likes

I have had them previously and really like them for barns where you can’t be 100% sure the blankets are being changed the way you would. they don’t seem to get sweaty under them if left on too long and to seem to keep them warm down to being pretty cold. I don’t think it’s a one and done solution from 20 to 70 degrees, but I do think it gives you an extra 10 degrees from a regular blanket

Love them! Never once found my ancient Cushings lad either sweaty or cold with them on, however awful the weather.

I love the one I have used.
Sheilah

We swear by them. We can have huge temperature fluctuations, and the Bucas turnouts perform beautifully.

Just got one this year and so far am loving it. The first time we went down to minus stupid, I thought my horse (who likes to be ridiculously warm), might want an extra blanket. The next night when I offered her the 2nd blanket again, she said no. Ok then. And so far, no sweating on days above freezing.

1 Like

I bought a Bucas Atlantic turnout for my young mare 3 years ago and I totally LOVE that blanket. It is so thoughtfully designed…it’s a 200 gram, keeps her toasty down to the single digits and she doesn’t get sweaty if temps rise. It’s easy to layer and I love the detachable neck cover

Yes! All of ours are now in Atlantics, and we have the matching liners, which fit perfectly and are light and warm. Bucas obviously worked hard on the design.