Unlimited access >

Bucket tag?

All right COTH hive mind: what’s a good way to mark my heated bucket at a large boarding facility so it makes it back into my horses stall after emptying/ cleaning?
I’m thinking like a dog tag on a carabiner… But is that dangerous in a stall? Obviously I can use a permanent marker but I feel like that might rub off. Just trying to see if anybody has come up with some creative way that my overworked Christmas mind is not coming up with.

Sharpie works fine. All our buckets are marked so they go back to the correct stall after cleaning. Marker has outlasted many buckets

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a tag, I use dog tags to mark my blankets. They’re cheap and easy and don’t wear off. You could attach to the handle with the ring that’s included or an s hook. I wouldn’t use something as large as a carabineer. Or drill a small hole in the edge of the rim & attach there.

1 Like

I got these decals from an Etsy shop. They were fairly simple to apply and have lasted over a year without issues.

6 Likes

Sharpie.
I have a plastic sweatscraper marked with my TB’s name.
It is probably nearing its 30th Bday & the name is still visible.
Faded, but legible.

1 Like

Wow, that looks great!

1 Like

Sharpie on the upper inside of the back of the bucket. IOW, when I hang it, the writing is right there for me to see :slight_smile:

Can you share the link please?

Sharpie has varying durability on different plastics and will scrub off over time. However it will certainly last one winter on your bucket and you can re-ink as needed. It is virtually impossible to get off plastic on purpose :slight_smile: so it’s helpful in a place items go wandering.

1 Like

Any label maker can do similar! They come out sharp and will last at least as long as a marker. It’s pretty popular in my area for barns to put labels on water buckets, feed buckets, grooming buckets. You get the idea lol

The shop is called TipTheTails!

2 Likes

Use your computer; https://www.cutcutcraft.com/make-custom-vinyl-decals/

(You could cut by hand)

I use either a simple sharpie or I made a quick stencil by cutting out a piece of card stock and used spray paint. Both have held up well.

I love the new decal options that are so available now.

For everyone buying decals from random Etsy shops, make sure you’re getting something along the lines of Oracal 651 as the material. It is rated for outdoor use and is more durable. There are other options that are not… like the vinyl offered from Cricut or Silhouette brand which are less quality.

1 Like

I use sharpies, that has lasted years, but you can also use paint pens if you want to get fancy.