Unlimited access >

Burghley 2022

Is anyone planning to go to Burghley this year? A friend and I are going and would love to meet up with fellow eventers from the states!

Planning to go to Badminton, not sure about Burghley. Blair Castle is on my list too

We will be going to Blair as well this year! let me know and maybe we can meet up!

Have you booked accommodations yet - book ASAP as the local places fill up fast.

This is our 3rd year trying to go, and I am really hoping it happens this year! We have had our accommodations booked for a while. We are staying 3 miles from Burghley in a cute little Annex.

When we’ve gone to Burghley we have stayed in London. It’s easy and cheap to take the train from London to Burghley. On the weekends you don’t even need to get a ticket for a specific train. If you catch the express from Kings Cross to Peterborogh and then from Peterborough to Stamford (LINCS), its a short travel time. It’s a short walk to the grounds from Stamford.

At the end of XC we are typically back in London by 5:30. There’s a lot more to do in London than in the little villages.

1 Like

we were planning to spend a day in London while we are there. if you have any places you would suggest let me know!

For lunch go to borough market. What a collection of different foods.

The changing of the guard at Buckingham is the big tourist attraction but go to the changing of the Household cavalry at 11:00 on weekdays or 10 on Sundays instead. The parade grounds is at the east end of St James Park. If you get there early you can see the troop coming down The Mall. It’s quite the sight. The Household Cavalry museum is small but really cool and is right at the parade grounds.