Unlimited access >

Butet Serial Number

Can anyone help with the serial number of a Butet? S L17 2 763 01
I think it means 17” seat size manufactured in 2001, standard tree, but I don’t know what all the numbers mean.
Any input on what it worth be worth? Good condition.
Thank you!

According to a quick Google search, looks like L means half-deep seat, 2 means long flap, and 763 means item number for that year.

I have no personal experience with Butet so no idea what it would be worth, but try taking a look at similar saddles on eBay or online shops dedicated to selling used saddles.

1 Like

Thank you - very helpful!

Adding that 01 means it was made in 2001, I think.

1 Like

Oh…and S is standard tree, I believe.

1 Like

Butet saddles have a cult following with the Quarter Horse folks… and some hunter/jumper barns. So their resale value is decent.
The 2 flap isn’t horribly long. I had a 0 flap that was crazy short and a 1 flap that was comparable to a short flap.
01 saddles in great condition could probably still go for about $1500-1800. I think you’d be lucky to get any higher and may need to be closer to $1200 depending on wear and tear. I sold a late 90’s one about 2 years ago for about $1100-1200 that was in amazing condition.

Thank you! So helpful!

It’s a 2001 semi deep with a 2 flap. I have one as well

1 Like

S=tree (standard)
L=seat (semi-deep)
2= flap (long but not forward)
01=year of manufacture (2001)
763=specific serial number for this saddle (it’s the 763rd saddle made in 2001)

This is my preferred configuration, as a relatively average sized woman. There should be a decent market for this size. Though, ime, the quality of the saddles from the early 2000s was not Butet’s best relative to the 1990s/after 2006 or so.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help. Based on google searches, I think it would be reasonable to ask $1200 for it (fair to good condition, no repairs needed). Any thoughts?

1 Like