Buying a young ottb

Fingers crossed on a good vetting. Love the picture. You look so happy up there.

4 Likes

He’s lovely!

1 Like

Thank you, everyone! he’s a big sweetheart.

4 Likes

Meet Bodhi! He arrived today, and he’s absolutely wonderful. There were a couple things he gave the side eye to, but his reactions weren’t extreme, and after giving him some time to look, he approached the scary things and gave them a sniff. The jersey calf is the on is still a horse eating monster, but he’s fine with the mini donks. All the stalls have dutch doors and his old barn didn’t, so he was a little unsure about all the horses with their heads out.

I had him in the cross ties for a groom and to see if any of my stuff fits him. Other then the bridle, nothing else fits! Good thing The Royal is coming up!

27 Likes

Ahhhh….makings of a good horse there, the fugly, ill tempered ones can wear anything you have in the tackroom.

6 Likes

He absolutely has the right eye in my opinion. A horse that is curious, willing to inspect what may scare them, looks for what’s around the corner, that is the foundation I want. Everything else is trainable.

12 Likes

Agree, he’s got a lovely face and expression

Congrats, @BrookdaleBay!!

4 Likes

I have just learned that this is true.

6 Likes