Buying from Bowie “kill pen”?

She is fancy! It is sad to see nice horses going through that place.

1 Like

Another nice horse. He looks like a TB, but is quite small for his age. I really shouldn’t look at these posts; too tempting! I do not need another horse.

1 Like

I don’t look at the Bowie page often… the inn is full here, I certainly do not need more horses OR vet bills :rofl: but someone might have room to snap him up. He looks very TB to me and I love a redhead.

3 Likes

I certainly don’t NEED another horse, but I just hit “buy now” on that Arabian cross mare. Her hooves are mess, but she still moves out well and seems kind and sensible.

I’ll post an update soon on her progress. :slight_smile:

43 Likes

You have done your bit! Time for someone else to to be the rescue person. I commiserate with you about the vet bills. My pocketbook is many thousands lighter after a year of hell with my gelding. We love them though, right?

4 Likes

Good luck with her! She is very cute, but way the heck too small for me and way too far away. :wink: Updates will be expected, so When she arrives, please start a new discussion!

9 Likes

Her face is adorable and she had every opportunity to misbehave yet she did not. I’m glad she found a home with you.

Just bumping this to enable… :shushing_face:

There is a nice looking 2yo reg. Dutch Harness gelding on there now that some lucky COTH’er must need in their barn.

1 Like

I know the “DHH Drama” thread is mostly a train wreck, but there are also several fans of the breed there. Might be worth cross-posting him.

1 Like

I had to un-follow that thread :joy: it just got too …weird… on all sides for my taste.

He is ADHHA registered, not KWPN, and as best I can figure his dam might’ve been a Standardbred or at least mostly one. But he’s a flashy guy nonetheless, and looks very sweet (and tolerant).

4 Likes

All those mamas and babies :sob: what is wrong with people :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

It is amusing to think of you running into the room, yelling “DHH at Bowie” and running out

15 Likes

Update on Mulligan: he’s doing fantastic! He’s turned into quite the lovebug. He’s doing well with all his basic groundwork skills. He’s just been introduced to wearing a saddle and having me lean over his back a little at the mounting block, and it’s phased at all by it. He and the two other colts here are three peas in a pod!

35 Likes

Mulligan and Company look very happy!

2 Likes

He has found his peaceful place. He looks so happy :blush:

1 Like

Any updates on your cute little mare???

1 Like

If anyone is last minute Christmas shopping for themselves, there is a really cute Saddlebred colt, a registered DHH gelding, and a nice Morgan gelding at Bowie right now.

2 Likes

The 3yo chestnut TB gelding 1631… be still, my heart! He looks like such a good boy.

4 Likes

He looks so cool! I am trying to get him a home and am nudging a dear friend, but golly he would look excellent in your barn.

:joy::wink:

:rofl: While he would fit right in, there is no room! Well, no room in the budget. I’ve decided to sell at least one, because I just can’t do it all.