Buying from Bowie “kill pen”?

uh oh…what Black Morgan. I have a soft spot for Morgans.

2 Likes

What does “Direct Ship!!” Mean on these

Straight to Mexico on a truck. Some place on the website it stated those horses were on the next truck to Mexico.

But they’re for sale?

I’m not going to wax poetic about how this guy speaks about horses his organization may send to slaughter.

3 Likes

Those specific horses are to be sent to Mexico on the next scheduled truck if not sold before it arrives.That’s what I understood from the explanation. Guess buyers have to beat the meat price.

well, that was stupid on my part. I LOVE him. and I can’t have him. Who would send such a gorgeous and clearly well behaved, well trained animal to slaughter? My heart is breaking for him.

and now i’m sitting here trying to not cry. and not succeeding.

3 Likes

Because the dealer had the money to buy him when his previous owners sold him.
Where’d the dealer get that money? :thinking:

Also, who knows what’s up with him, he looks lovely in the vid, that doesn’t mean he’s safe, sound or sane.
Threads abound on COTH of people buying horses they had a thorough PPE on who end up unsound, or unsuitable or unwell.

I know you know this

3 Likes

I think someone else posted that the O’Dwyer horses are the select ones they pull to sell at fixed prices. The Morgan’s ad is not marked as a Direct Ship horse.

2 Likes

I know it. But it’s still killing me. I hope someone buys him and gives him that soft landing.

2 Likes

I looked at him today too… I just about couldn’t be further from TX but my kid lives there now. In town. I keep trying to figure out how he could go get a horse for me and keep it until I get there to pick it up. :frowning:

4 Likes

They’ll board him for you there until you can pick him up :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Don’t despair just yet about the Morgan gelding, there is a very good chance he will get bought and be off that site soon. He’s a lovely horse, and people are shopping all the time, even when they aren’t supposed to be. :wink:

I would love to buy him, but Kookville is under construction currently and I don’t have space for a new guy…yet.

The more people that see him the better chance he has.

Many horses find good homes from there, lots of them just need a chance. I hope his person finds him soon!

4 Likes

I am hoping for the best.

Kookville - love it!!!

2 Likes

There’s another nice black morgan gelding on direct ship, if I didn’t already have my Bowie horse I’d probably take him.

https://www.bowietexaslivestock.com/product/2471-‼️direct-ship‼️-morgan-gelding/

2 Likes

I like that grey QH gelding… but “needing shoes” or not, that front end limp is concerning.

What makes me laugh is the guys pants… you can tell he just hops on bareback!

2 Likes

@2bayboys - the filly is a breathtaking mover! I can’t wait to see her glow up at your place!

3 Likes

The black Morgan popped up in one of my Facebook groups. He’ll likely sell fast, which is great.

5 Likes

Lovely TB gelding on there. Direct Ship :disappointed_relieved: he has a front leg issue but is in such good flesh. so sad.

I actually like the young, bred Bay mare.