Buying from Bowie “kill pen”?

Egads, six others came in with her. Is it that hard to get hay?

Ok wow!!! I would have bought her too! So excited to see her transformation.

1 Like

The trot is so pretty. It reminds me of our Trakehners. But I also love her long neck and her large eyes with that kind look. She’s so unloved. In fact, dear God, she was close to starving to death. Makes you wonder what her backstory is.

When she gets to “Chez Henri” she’ll think she’s arrived in heaven.

8 Likes

I so want to brush her belly in particular and give her a bath! It looks so itchy!

1 Like

I just love her!!! So happy for you both :slight_smile:

Looking at her it’s hard to believe she’s 3. She looks like a yearling or 2 yr old at most :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

I have my doubts! I’m thinking (hoping) she’s just a 2-yr-old.

3 Likes

Daisy cutter for sure! And she’s not panicking, which speaks well for her temperament!

Plus, she’s got Henry’s “just upgraded” noggin from when you first bought him, and I’m sure she’ll be very elegant soon!

6 Likes

I’m a sucker for a head with “character” :smirk:

8 Likes

I am so excited to see how she blossoms in your care. Your impeccable record suggests that she’s going to be an absolute delight on the other end of this journey. So delighted for her to find the kindness she deserves with you :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Me too :joy: This 3yo DHH cross filly has the most characterful profile I’ve seen in a while, I think it’s endearing.

5 Likes

Somebody needs to snatch that filly up! There’s another very nice mover! And the big ol Roman nose is just icing on the cake :heart:

My love for characterful heads started a long long LONG time ago with this mare, who had the plainest face in the world and jumped like this every single time.

27 Likes

Love a big 'ol Roman nose!

7 Likes

Mine was a big-headed draft cross 20 years ago. I would love to see a COTHer end up with the DHHx filly! I absolutely love her and I think she will grow into a real stunner, but I’m “not looking” :joy: or so I keep telling myself. If someone dropped her off on my doorstep, I certainly wouldn’t turn them away.

3 Likes

Those 4 hackney pony mares are pulling at my heart strings. :sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

Is that one of Kate whatshernames ?

Unlikely - most of the DHH, Standardbreds, drafts, etc. seem to come from the Amish. Likely flippers buying them cheap at local auctions and shipping them to Bowie. Anything is possible, though!

3 Likes

Is it just me or does anyone else love to listen to the guy on the Bowie auction videos talk about the horses? :slight_smile: :laughing:

5 Likes

I am on the website so much I have a cat that comes running to the sound of that man, she likes to watch the videos too. :joy:

I got a Bowie sweatshirt & a T-shirt for my birthday. The family recognizes my Bowie problem.

12 Likes

The black Morgan wanted to help that guy with the tablet, at the beginning of his video, lol.

2 Likes