Buying from Bowie “kill pen”?

Congrats on the new acquisition! My Bowie horse has been here for almost three weeks after spending over a month in quarantine. He was sick, infested with lice, a BCS score of 2, and slightly off in his fetlock. Every day is a better day, and I’m so glad I was able to give him another chance.

I can’t wait to see how your filly comes along.

51 Likes

You need to tell us more about your boy. I think a new topic is required!

5 Likes

So handsome!!!

1 Like

He looks amazing!

1 Like

Here’s one that someone pulled from Bowie recently and is selling again. I know nothing about this mare, just sharing Sweet gentle Grey filly thoroughbred horse mare - farm & garden - by owner - sale - craigslist

4 Likes

Congrats! I bet she’s gonna glow up to be a stunner! Btw just gently pointing out the unwritten COTH rule that now maresy will need a thread of her own for updates. Updates and lots of pictures please! :grin: Especially for those of us who live vicariously through COTH! If I’m ever in a financial position to afford a horse of my own I could easily see myself dragging my trainer to an auction or a rescue so she could train me up a nice little trail horse. :joy:(I know I don’t have the horsemanship skills to do it myself sadly)

6 Likes

Wow! Already there’s such a transformation. He’s quite striking with a noble face. And I must point out that I admire that voluminous tail.

2 Likes

He looks fantastic!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see what she looks like in a few months!

I got a little update video from the quarantine barn during some solo pasture time for my Bowie filly. Happy to see that she looks bright eyed and interested in her new surroundings.

51 Likes

Crikey she is ready for her upgrade! Her eyes are good though and nutrition is on the way!

4 Likes

I actually do have a thread for him, it’s also in off course titled “introducing my rescue Saddlebred”. Thank you for the kind comments, he is a work in progress but he’s already shown such improvement.

3 Likes

For various reasons–cough “life” cough- I have been pretty limited lately with regards to my in person horse adventures so I find myself falling down Youtube rabbit holes. One person whose videos I find myself watching is The Clever Cowgirl and her visits to low end auctions to find projects. I think she gives some good advice for people wanting to do what she is doing without being a drama llama about it.

8 Likes

I love her videos! Been following her channel for a while.

1 Like

Another update from quarantine. No runny nose or cough so far, so I’m hoping she’ll be on a trailer heading to VA a week from today. She has an injury on her face that hopefully won’t scar too badly.

Poor baby, I just want to feed her.

37 Likes

You will have her looking amazing in no time.

4 Likes

Poor little mama. Makes me want to feed and brush, brush and feed… she’s going to be gorgeous soon.

5 Likes

Ooh I love her nostril snip :two_hearts: Can’t wait to see her glow up

3 Likes

Wow, she’s much darker than she looked in the other pictures!

@2bayboys
I would love to know what caught your eye about her or what you look for in a prospect! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like her overall balanced frame, her shoulder and hip angles, but most of all her trot :heart:

22 Likes