Buying from Bowie “kill pen”?

She slid it off some time last night. She was quite ok with me putting it on, but it’s a little big so I think she just rubbed it off.

1 Like

She has such a lovely kind, inquisitive eye. She looks like a complete doll, wishing you the best of luck with her.

8 Likes

Oh my gosh!!! I am totally smitten! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That is a strong TB mare head right there. :two_hearts: My crystal ball says she will be just fine, now that she’s going to get proper nutrition and care. Still plenty of years to grow up and out. Those legs look nice and straight.

12 Likes

She does look absolutely adorable. Very bright-eyed.

What is her name?

I have no idea. The universe hasn’t whispered that to me yet lol

11 Likes

She looks like my TB mare. Markings in all the same spots and same head shape.

Enjoy her!

1 Like

So glad she is home!
I am so curious as to her age. Can you take a peek at her front teeth and see which ones are still baby teeth?

Whisper might be a nice name. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

She is so cute!

I know she’s mostly malnourished, but keep an eye on that belly… I cannot tell you how many people I know who have rescued a mare or jenny and ended up with a bonus baby!

6 Likes

I’m going to try this weekend. She’s so obviously unhandled that I’m trying to keep the assaults to a minimum. I did try to take a quick peek yesterday and she wasn’t happy about it, so I went back to wither scritches.

6 Likes

SHUT UP WITH THAT NEGATIVITY.

I would die. :rofl:

22 Likes

So I texted the guy from Bowie asking him if he knew where this filly came from and he said that one of his buyers picked her up along with six other babies from a farm in Kentucky and brought them all to the sale in Texas.

I didn’t ask what happened to the others. :cry:

And I’ve emailed the Jockey Club about getting a DNA test kit to help identify her.

20 Likes

Bless you for getting her. She has the kindest eye and the sweetest expression. I cannot wait to see how she flourishes under your care as you polish this diamond in the rough. I am sure at the other side of this there is a sweet mare that will leave everyone green with envy.

So, so glad you got her.

9 Likes

She is very pretty and adorable, why not fall for her? Is she going to be a resale?

1 Like

Yeah I wondered about the others and if they looked as bad (thin) as her. Hence my off the wall comment earlier about hay.

She has beautiful eyes, bet she will be a wonderful addition to your herd.

While you put stuff on her face, if you gently tap/scratch the top of her lip/nose she may curl it up herself and you can get a peek at her teeth. :innocent:

3 Likes

I’m not thinking about resale, I’m worried if she’s healthy enough to survive the next few weeks and months of transition to her new life. Hence my hesitation to fall in love.

15 Likes

More than likely, she has a belly full of parasites. Be very careful about deworming.

2 Likes

Those sure like baby teeth to me!

14 Likes