Unlimited access >

Cactuskate ad, June 14

I haven’t gotten my copy yet (I don’t subscibe anymore but since I placed it they’re sending me a copy )

I’m so glad that it turned out so wonderfully and served not only as a tribute to what a wonderful person Kathy was but what a great group of people all of you guys are

It really does look lovely.

– Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

Makes me proud to “know” everyone here. Thanks to the ones who made this happen and helped to put it together.

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

Can somebody scan and post - for those who don’t get the Chronicle?

"We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
Aristotle

It is absolutely completely PERFECT.

Aleesha

I feel like I’m diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Wow! Thats beautiful. That picture is so inspiring and im sure everyone that sees it will realize what a special person Cactuskate was. I didnt know her very well but when I did know her too well, but everything she wrote was happy. Now THATS looking on the bright side. I know a lot of people have there problems but that lady was always in a good mood. Im so sad that shes gone

TERRI!!!
~Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and spurs excite me!~

I emailed the ad to various horse friends.
I am so proud of our BB!!!
You are all so caring and special.

I would also like to add, Kathy use to post over on Towerheads.
If it strikes your fancy, you may want to go over there and read some of her delightful postings.
She was always such a generous person herself with her happiness and good thoughts.

I bet she is riding Willow Robby.

Thanks again to everyone who actualized our feelings for Cactuskate. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Like Robby, I’d like to say that after being away from a computer for 5 days, IT IS SO GOOD TO BE BACK WITH MY FRIENDS! How JAIR is managing to do without us I’m sure I don’t know!!!

~Kryswyn~
“Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo”

I don’t believe that Kathy had specified anyone in particular… I think her trainer just took care of finding Bud an appropriate “home for life.”

It’s beautiful!!! Very nice layout and wonderful writing. Thanks to all those who put it together, I started crying as I read it.

I know I’ve said this a bunch of times, but it bears repeating… I was absolutely astounded at how many people chipped in for this. I think the final tally was about 85. If I remember right, we got about 15 donations toward our rescue horse.

It was actually a lot of fun for me to put screen names with real names, addresses, handwriting… and I got lots of nice little notes with the checks too. It’s funny, because everything here is so non-physical… it’s just words on a screen in cyberspace. But to take something ethereal like that and turn it into a stack of 85 checks, $2400, and the beautiful ad in the COTH… well, I think that’s pretty cool. Kathy woulda loved it.

So thanks, again, to everyone who chipped in, and everyone who just lended virtual enthusiasm. And extra-special thanks to LisaMarie and Billy, who designed the ad (which is also the nicest memorial ad I have ever seen!), and to Merry, who wrote the beautiful copy.

It’s episodes like this that make this BB a great place… despite some of the less-than-stellar crap that goes on here on a daily basis.

I’ll be sending off our contributions to the hospice and Horses in the Hood next week. (If those Canadian cheques ever get here… het-hem, HEIDI! ) And I’ll get the COTH to send copies of the magazine to Kathy’s family.

It’s absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much to everyone who worked on putting it together.

Sure, Robby! Or anyone else who didn’t have a chance to send a check to me… just go ahead and make a contribution to Horses in the Hood (or the Yuma hospice) in her name. Email me if you need the contact information for either organization.

I will mail our big contributions off to those groups on Monday.

I am sure that Kathy is having a grand old time doting on lovely Willow.

I am sure Kathy would be proud. If the people from California have to wait a long time for their copy of COTH, how long does it take to get to heaven?

Endurance Rider Wannabee!

ROCK!

It is at times like this, in situations like CactusKate’s, that humanity comes to the fore.

I’m very proud of all of you.

www.MickeeShawStables.com

Here it is!

kathyad.jpg

Great!

MCL

What a beautiful tribute, to a beautiful person… Well done! Erin and Merry, thank you.

HITH
10536 Culver Blvd
Culver City CA 90232

www.horsesinthehood.org

Hospice of Yuma
http://www.hospiceofyuma.com

_\]
– * > hoopoe
The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reginapony:
I am sure Kathy would be proud. If the people from California have to wait a long time for their copy of COTH, how long does it take to get to heaven?

Endurance Rider Wannabee!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Immediately, Reginapony. I doubt that the US Postal Service has a place in Heaven !

Nina

[I]“We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan.”

Irving Townsend. [/I]

Kathy had an absolutely wonderful friend and dressage trainer (she was mine when I lived in AZ too who she entrusted with the task of finding Bud the most special of homes. She was blessed to find a lovely couple who understood just what this horse meant to Kathy, and just how special he should always be thought of. From what I understand, they spend more time grooming and feeding him carrots than they do riding him…and they love him to pieces. I am sure Kathy would be very happy he has found such a wonderful home…