Unlimited access >

Cactuskate ad update

Sorry for being a little slow with this, but it’s been a busy week! And I’m leaving the office in a few hours, so I won’t be able to get into as much detail as I would like, but I wanted to at least give everyone an update.

First off, let me say one thing… you guys are WONDERFUL!

I received, no joke, right around 100 emails requesting my address for a donation.

At this point, I think I have probably received over 50 contributions. (I’ve been dutifully logging them in, but all the stuff is at home.) The total right now is over $1600.

Yep, you read that right… sixteen hundred dollars. And I know that there are quite a few checks still coming.

All I can say is that I am completely floored that so many people took the time to do this, for someone who the vast majority of us had never even met, or even talked to directly.

A lot of people were really wonderfully generous, and they’re a big reason why the total amount collected is as high as it is (and we’re not even done yet ). But equally as important, I think, is just the fact that so many people took the time to send something. That really says a lot… both about Cactuskate, and the community here.

I don’t know what else to say, other than “thanks.”

I don’t have any further details on the ad… LisaMarie is waiting to find out how much money we have before setting any serious planning in motion. But I would imagine all that will start coming together next week.

There’s no cutoff date for contributions, and I know there are many checks still coming. If you want to contribute and haven’t yet, try to get your check in the mail soon… at some point, I will try to set a deadline of sorts so that I can get everything deposited and send the contribution to charity as well.

I’ve also been in touch with Cactuskate’s sister who has sent me a lot of info and some pictures, which I don’t have time to post now… but I’ll do it next week. Most of us didn’t “know” Kathy all that well, so I think it will be fun for everyone to learn a little more about her.

Again, thanks. You guys rock.

Erin,

Thanks for taking your time and effort collecting logging, tracking and organizing

Yes, I did get yours, ErinB!

A lot of people included notes saying they were sorry their donations couldn’t be more, but I dunno… I think we’re doing pretty well. It all adds up!

Oh yea… Canadians! Get with the program! Heidi is feeling very emptyhanded!

That is so wonderful Erin! Just when you think people can be sooo, well you know. Up pops one who was asking what it all was about this weekend at a show. Explained what had occured and it looks like another BB’er may be emailing you for an address. The amount of people, shows how we can be touched, even slightly.

Hang in there Heidi, Canadians will come thru…You know it’s those sled dogs that deliver the mail, kinda slow

From north of the border, I’ve received about 7 emails requesting my address; to date, though, no cheques.

Red October, you can email me for details at:
heidi278@rogers.com

Agree wholeheartedly, Erin, the members of this BB are truly awe-inspiring.

This whole group effort is so nice and makes this BB such a fun and warm place to be
Thank you Erin

mine was on the way but was send back because I didn’t have enough postage (o.k how embarressing is that?) seems Canadian Post has upped postage by $0.01 since I last snail mailed anyone. They woulnd’t even send it because of one lousy penny!
So it will be sent back out on Monday

“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then give up. No use being a damned fool about it” -W.C. Fields

I’m getting there I swear, but my thoughts were along the lines that it would be bad to send a check that was going to bounce. Fear not, it no longer needs strings to hold it down, should be in the mail this week. Great job guys!
1-800

Seen on a Centre College Democrats T-Shirt
“Because no one ever said they wanted a good piece of elephant.”

Wow, that’s truly wonderful, Erin!

And Heidi, don’t fret. I’m sure the “cheques” are coming. I hear the sled dogs are running a little slow this time of year, what with the late thaw and all.

“If you don’t give me what I want… I will destroy your life.” - Frank Donovan

Great, I sent you an email heidi. Hopefully it will get the canadian equivalent back up to $0!!!

Why isnt phonetics spelt the way it sounds?

I encountered a bit of ANTI-BB thoughts this last weekend in chatting with some folks. While I agreed with them that there is some bad stuff out there ( going thru a bit of personal fizz over one BB having nothing to do with horses) I so wanted to tell them about what we have up here. More than once the BB has come up in the magazine as a source of something good.

I have always contended that horse people are a good lot overall and will not let you down.

Thanks everyone for once again prooving me right!

_\]
– * > hoopoe
The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

I have someone coming later in the week to buy an antique record collection (long story), and I told him to make out the check directly to the ACS in her name - I shall know how much at the end of the week.

The spirit of horses and what having them in our lives helps us to accomplish, Cactuskate embodied grit, determination, selflessness and compassion.

I already sent my donation check (cheque!) and am signed up for another due to Bumpkin’s lovely offer of a “spare” first edition Paul Brown book in exchange for another donation to the fund.

Sharing the love and joy of horses just this week with my neice and cousin once again caused me to think just how much our experiences in the equine world enrich our lives.

Here’s to you, Cactuskate. A tip of the cap to everyone here for the true appreciation that your personal battle has enabled us all to love and be grateful a little more.

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead

Yay! Did you get mine, Erin? I know it’s next to nothing but every little bit helps. Hopefully.

~Erin B #1
They call television a medium. That’s because it is neither rare nor well done.

Sorry for being a little slow with this, but it’s been a busy week! And I’m leaving the office in a few hours, so I won’t be able to get into as much detail as I would like, but I wanted to at least give everyone an update.

First off, let me say one thing… you guys are WONDERFUL!

I received, no joke, right around 100 emails requesting my address for a donation.

At this point, I think I have probably received over 50 contributions. (I’ve been dutifully logging them in, but all the stuff is at home.) The total right now is over $1600.

Yep, you read that right… sixteen hundred dollars. And I know that there are quite a few checks still coming.

All I can say is that I am completely floored that so many people took the time to do this, for someone who the vast majority of us had never even met, or even talked to directly.

A lot of people were really wonderfully generous, and they’re a big reason why the total amount collected is as high as it is (and we’re not even done yet ). But equally as important, I think, is just the fact that so many people took the time to send something. That really says a lot… both about Cactuskate, and the community here.

I don’t know what else to say, other than “thanks.”

I don’t have any further details on the ad… LisaMarie is waiting to find out how much money we have before setting any serious planning in motion. But I would imagine all that will start coming together next week.

There’s no cutoff date for contributions, and I know there are many checks still coming. If you want to contribute and haven’t yet, try to get your check in the mail soon… at some point, I will try to set a deadline of sorts so that I can get everything deposited and send the contribution to charity as well.

I’ve also been in touch with Cactuskate’s sister who has sent me a lot of info and some pictures, which I don’t have time to post now… but I’ll do it next week. Most of us didn’t “know” Kathy all that well, so I think it will be fun for everyone to learn a little more about her.

Again, thanks. You guys rock.

master-procrastinator that I am, I just mailed my check - thanks for the reminder

Who is taking the Canadians money - I need your email again because I accidently deleated it!

Why isnt phonetics spelt the way it sounds?