Unlimited access >

Cactuskate ad

just got my issue of the chronicle and read the ad for cactuskate. thank you to whoever composed it, you did a beautiful job. when i got to the trail quote, i just bawled.
isn’t it amazing how we can impact each other’s lives without ever meeting in the real world? i have health issues and i take great encouragement from that picture.
though i lurk most of the time, i always check in here - there is always something i can learn, or laugh about. a big <<<<hug>>>> to all of you.

I cried when I saw it. Gulp.

Founding member AQHA clique

I used the ad as an example when talking to a friend about the good aspect of the internet. ( he is a non-computer person, but HAS graduated beyond parchment and quill )

_\]
– * > hoopoe
The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

And Hoopoe are you certain he has gone beyond parchment and quill?

I showed mine to Mr Bumpkin and the Bumpkinette.

Absolutely, He has an electric typewriter!!!

Better than someone else we won’t mention who.

_\]
– * > hoopoe
The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

I want to add my kudos and thanks - very well done

LisaMarie and her wonderful Billy get credit for the design, and Merry wrote the beautiful copy.

For those who haven’t gotten their issue yet, a scan of the ad is posted on this thread:

Cactuskate ad, June 14

I showed it to a bunch of friends at the barn. No one could speak after reading it, we all just cried.

I have ordered color photocopies for everyone who wanted one (there were a lot) and she will also be beaming down at everyone who comes into the tack store.

Love you, Cactuskate, you’re the best.

just got my issue of the chronicle and read the ad for cactuskate. thank you to whoever composed it, you did a beautiful job. when i got to the trail quote, i just bawled.
isn’t it amazing how we can impact each other’s lives without ever meeting in the real world? i have health issues and i take great encouragement from that picture.
though i lurk most of the time, i always check in here - there is always something i can learn, or laugh about. a big <<<<hug>>>> to all of you.

It is nice to know when you have people who love you so much, and Cactuskate, surely did.

You are right, beameup! Catctuskate’s friends, both real-time and online, did a beautiful job to honor her with grace.

She must have been so fabulous. Really nice tribute.