Unlimited access >

Can anyone recommend a horse transporter?

We’re moving from Illinois to Colorado next month, and I am looking for a reputable, reliable service to transport our horse for us. We are located near UIUC in St. Joseph. Recommendations appreciated!

The last years we have been using Equine Express and they have been sensibly priced, kept good communication of where they were and when they would pick up/deliver and the horses came off their trailers fresh.

I used Equine Express for a coast to coast transport and, like Bluey, had a great experience. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

Thanks!

Thanks!

[QUOTE=MissAriel;9017929]
I used Equine Express for a coast to coast transport and, like Bluey, had a great experience. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.[/QUOTE]

I try and support businesses that support things I like. In this case buying full pages adds in the COTH, paying for advertising on the forum. You know, like the adds on the right side of this page.

That being said, I would start with the shipping company that advertises a lot in the Chronicle and on the forum pages. Johnson Horse Transport. They seem to ship nationally and or coordinate nationally.

I have used Brookledge and Bob Hubbard for Coast to Coast and CA -> WA trips in the last few months. One horse arrived in Seattle from MD for me yesterday in perfect condition after 4 1/2 days of travel via Brookledge. They impressed the hell out of me for many reasons. Also, they were able to arrange a ride for my horse in 5 days from first contact to when they picked up the horse. Bob Hubbard was not too far behind and were less expensive, but I would have had to wait another week or two.