Unlimited access >

Can I say I love FEItv para dressage? as well as everything else?

I wasn’t thinking I was going to like this so much. I love that FEItv has the competitors commenting and explaining how it’s judged, what it’s like, who these people are, and just being excited. It’s exciting to hear about the disciplines that we are the “experts” in, but also really cool to learn about the sports we don’t know so much about them and learn.

I just had to say it.

As a Grade V para rider, I find coverage of any para competitions very exciting. I watch a lot of upper level dressage but doubt I’ll ever get to that level, but to watch people competing at the same level/grade that I’m at, is very exciting and inspiring.

1 Like

I enjoyed watching today. I wish I could ride as well as those riders!!

1 Like

And this is exactly what WEG is about… encouraging… inspiring and the fact that it is achievable… Set and follow your dreams. It is absolutely achievable.

2 Likes

I really like that the Olympic channel is running at least some of the test reruns in the evening. It was a good learning experience for DH who had no idea what aids are available- took a bit to wrap his head around a buddy horse being necessary (not a horse person at all)

https://www.facebook.com/cathy.tweeddalemitchell/videos/10161122494120093/

WOW. No legs. Nothing holding her in the saddle. That’s all balance. And she wins the gold. I can’t ever aspire to be this amazing.

4 Likes

I was able to watch one of our Canadian para dressage riders on the live stream, and I was really disappointed in the commentators. They yakked literally the entire test about the facilities, stabling, footing, etc and NOTHING about the test that was being performed in front of them. At one point the female commentator said “This is a new combination so I’m not familiar with them” and then went off on a tangent again. Totally disrespectful.