Unlimited access >

Can someone help give me advice in the Andalusian community?

My trainer is well versed in the Spanish bloodlines for dressage (and very good at identifying Ammy-friendly personalities) if you were looking for a knowledgeable pro to chat with :slight_smile:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Deirdre-Dressage/

You should definitely look into temperament with the bloodlines ā€“ having bought my first ā€œSpanishā€ type horse (not an Andalusian, by any means, but still from that part of the world) I find that they are very emotional, much more so than other breeds I have worked with, and things bother them more. Expressive, yes! Personality plus, yes. Over-reactive, well, yes.

Good luck with your horse!

I am far more interested in bloodlines than registry. Every one involved with Andies has a very strong opinion. I do as well. I would walk across cut glass for a Cartujano. So it doesnā€™t matter if it has PRE papers or IALHA, just as long as its has the right blood. There is no finer Andie than a Cartujano for me so I would be willing to pay a heck of a lot more if it had what I was looking for.

But this is just me. What the every day market people want could be entirely different.

I bought my first PRE this year and am absolutely in love. Heā€™s super smart, has a great work ethic, and is hot in a good way. This is his pedigree: http://www.lgancce.com/lgpreancce/asp-publico/arbolGenealogicoPRE/ConsultarArbolGenealogicoPRE.aspx?ID=uZ5IJhmWmwU=

If anyone on here has any insight, Iā€™d appreciate it! Other than looking at photos of his sire, I know nothing about what it means. Thanks!!

[QUOTE=Cindyg;8169373]
See, that is what is claimed by IAHLA members who believe the two are genetically identical horses. But not all agree. Fierce battles raged over that. Constantly.

Seems like a simple genetic study (and some time studying historical records) could settle it.

I laughed when I read CrochetyDQ post, ā€œIALHA being the largest, most established, and (I have heard) the best managed. My experience with IALHA was pretty easy and seamless.ā€ LOL. A lot of people could not say that.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your answer.

It would seem to me to be fairly easy to establish the rules of the stud book in 1953 and again in 1955. Or look at a pedigree from prior to 1954 and one after it and see what name appears on the top. I presume there was an organization that maintained the book and that they had rules and such rules would be published. This would be true both before and after 1954. But, then, maybe not.

G.

I was thrust unwillingly into the S vs. SP mess many years ago, when I bought my Andalusian stallion. He was sold to me as an S/P. I couldnā€™t have cared less, since I bought him as a performance horse, and the breeding was only a secondary thought. About a year and a half after I bought him, I discovered that his breeder had made a mistake and put the wrong sire down on his papers. My S/P had magically become an S. And then the PRE came down on me like a ton of bricks. Calling, e-mailing, trying to get me to bring him to be ā€œrevisedā€ by the PRE ā€œto add valueā€. Umm, NO!!! I told them I didnā€™t want to get involved in that mess, but if the supernaturally insipid p!$$!ng contest between the IALHA and the PRE were ever settled, then do please call me.
Never heard from them again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha ha ha ha! Love it!