Unlimited access >

Canceled--Michigan Cross State Trail Rides In June

Just got notice that the Cross State Trail Rides (also called Shore to Shore Ride) in Michigan are canceled in June. Notice was on Michigan Trail Riders Association FB page. No event permits for use being issued by the DNR. Hoping for better news for an August ride. Check their FB page for news and updates.

Thanks for the update.

You are welcome. I would hate for someone planning to go and not finding out things got canceled before heading out.

This ride was always on my bucket list. But I sadly doubt I’d be doing it with a horse now. Am already looking at the cycling rides across Michigan. Those look like fun.

There are a lot of those! I have friends that go on various rides. All fun if the weather cooperates! Ha ha

But sadly all spring and summer rides are cancelled. However, I’d rather have caution and cancellations than to have a possible group infection! I’m already in the high risk group because of age.

So it looks like some of the Bucket List rides will be moved to 2021…if we don’t suffer another pandemic issue or dinosaur-killing asteroid strike! I now have two new gorgeous top end ebikes, so I can hopefully convince my husband’s handicapped brother (who lives in Michigan) to abandon his classless pedal bike to ride one of mine with me on a Michigan ride. We’d have a blast! He has friends that have done a few Michigan rides, and they all tell him the rides were great fun.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan! We are still using old-fashioned pedal bikes (classless! Ha ha), but we only ride them a little. Not fit for distances! As summer warms up, we get bike clubs going past, on the weekends. Some individual riders now, just been too cold I guess. Kind of like riding horses, carriages, you just notice so much as you go along, exposed to sounds, fresh air, instead of in a car.