Can't pick up irons anymore

Before you go commit any crimes try putting a half twist in your stirrup leathers first.

Hold your stirrup leathers like you normally would to put them on the saddle. Then twist the tab portion one half twist clockwise. Basically so you’re running it through the stirrup attachment backwards. Keep the buckle portion straight. The little half twist in the leather will hold you stirrups perpendicular to your saddle. I use a rubber band to keep the twist oprtion down by the stirrup and not under my leg, but I think the ties folks use to keep computer wires organized would work too.

Take a look at this saddle’s stirrup setup To get a picture of what I’m taking about. It’s an aussie saddle, but it works with english saddles. It makes running your stirrups up a bit more difficult, but the perc is you can use whatever stirrups you like best. Without having to spend $200 on new stirrups just to get the offset.

They need to make english stirrup turners.

I bought a pair of MDC Ultimate stirrups this summer. I have arthritis in my knees that hurts terribly within 10 minutes in the saddle. I have the MDCs adjusted at 45 degrees and the pain is totally gone. I never expected that much but I’ll certainly take it.