Unlimited access >

Can't Use iPad for COTH

I tried to sign in on my new iPad and couldn’t do it. Normally I read COTH from my Mac laptop.

I figured I’d forgotten my password, so set a new one, and still can’t sign in on my iPad.

Suggestions please?

Are you getting a message when you attempt to sign in? What happens exactly?

Thanks!

Sorry Mod - I was out of town with only one computer. The message on the iPad is the normal, “User name or password is incorrect”

What browser and version are you using on the new iPad? I assume you don’t have any cookies for the site on there yet since you said it was new, correct? If so, please clear them.

We are overdue for an update, so I’m wondering if it’s a compatibility issue with a newer software version, but I haven’t heard of there being similar issues with other users.

I use Safari for my laptop. I thought I was using the same, but now you mention it, maybe not. Sorry I’m not more savvy about this stuff, and don’t have the time to sit still and figure it out. Give me another day or so. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No rush on our end!

I can’t log in from my iPad either. I’m using Chrome. i’ve cleared the cache, but it still tells me it’s an invalid username or password. Any suggestions? I really don’t want to change my password, since I have 4 devices I log in with.

1 Like

That’s my problem. Tells me it’s an invalid username or password.

1 Like

Darn, I was hoping maybe you’d figured it out!

I got a new iPad last year and iirc I logged in to COTH magazine as it wouldn’t take me on COTH forums then selected forums from their drop down. Now I could be mistaken as I lost all my old passwords when my old iPad fell into the water at the boat ramp and I was scrambling to recreate them on the new one, but that’s how I got in with this one, but I also never log off cause I don’t trust it.

1 Like

The main site and the forums utilize a universal log-in system since switching to the Discourse platform during out last forums overhaul, so your username/password are the same for both.

@Alex_and_Bodie_s_Mom – are you sure you have the correct password that you’re trying to enter on your new device? As in, does it autofill everywhere else and you think you’re entering the correct one here and it’s not taking it? Or you know this is your password, and it’s not taking it?

Thanks!

1 Like

No, it’s the correct password (after the changeover, I had to re-log-in to all my other devices as well, so I know I used it recently!). It just says that the username and/or password aren’t correct.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll forward that information along with the other feedback on the thread.

1 Like