Unlimited access >

Can't Use Left Arm and Need Exercises - Piyo???

Hi Everyone,
With COVID, I no longer go to the gym. Previously, I did spinning and minor weight lifting and some machine work. My problem is I had my left elbow replaced (dumbest thing I ever did!). Because of this, I’m limited to 10 lbs of pressure/weight (lifting, pushing, pulling, etc.). I can no longer do planks, mountain climbers, push-ups, etc. I realize that just about anything I have to do requires modification if it uses my left side and that’s ok.
I’ve also lost all my core strength and it’s hurting my lower back (L4, L5, S1). I have a disc that tends to slip out… My chiro recommended I build my core strength back.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been riding either. My pony has rotated coffin bones. Once my life settles down, I hope to start riding again.

I was wondering if anyone tried the Piyo exercises?. Supposedly, it a combination of pilates and yoga.

Please let me know your thoughts on this or other exercise programs. I loved the gym and need some sort of structured exercise.

Thanks for your help.

I dont think you can go wrong with Pilates when it comes to focused core strength and balance. I have not heard of Piyo. Do not underestimate the value of walking ,particularly if you can get some altitude gain

1 Like