Unlimited access >

Capital Challenge Horse Show on Now

I love watching her ride! She’s pretty inspiring.

Here’s the Plaidhorse report on Dotted Linegate. They apparently went back and reviewed video.

Hadn’t thought about the judge looking down to mark their card. That explains it. And if 6 good judges all needed to look down at their cards for the whole closing loop… yeah, PH has a point. Thanks for the link.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I fell off once while the judge was looking away and she missed it.

The horse rightfully stopped when I asked him to do something impossible, she looked down to write down the stop and then turned away to talk to a friend. I hopped back on in the ring (this was a long time ago) and walked over to ask for a schooling fence. The judge wanted to know why I needed a schooling fence when I was still in competition. That’s when I told her I’d fallen off.

5 Likes

That might be the best horse show story I’ve ever heard.

2 Likes

There was a similar incident some years back at Upperville when a rider had an excellent trip in a huge class, but the horse bucked him off as he went by the ingate on the closing circle. I think maybe the rider held onto the reins, and then just walked out of the gate.

But the judge was looking down marking his card when it happened, and he did not see it, so that horse and rider won the class after they parted company in the ring. I think the results were corrected after somebody informed the judge about it.

I will say there are a lot of trees in the ring at Upperville, so that could have been a factor to obstruct the judge’s view of the entire ring.

13 already for the jump off in the Children’s Jumpers.

It’s nice to see the kids riding so well. The time allowed was generous but they are looking very good. 16 in the jump off.

What a great ride by Hailey Guidry and what a genuine horse.

I know! I hope I am still riding (or get to) half that well at her age. What a shame about the last fence in Round 2: the rest of the course was beautiful!

1 Like

I believe that was Tommy Serio. :laughing:

Betty Oare placed 2nd in the WCHR Adult Amateur Challenge. :smiley:

The class is available to watch on demand.

2 Likes

I just watched that last night and cheered out loud! I even sent her a congratulatory FB message even if she wouldn’t know me from Adam :joy:. She and Sidenote obviously have their own system that works for them & they trust each other completely. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

I kind of think it was somebody else, but it was a long time ago, so I won’t swear to it.

Needless to say, there was quite a bit of discussion here on the BB after it happened, so it would probably be easy enough to find if anyone wanted to search for the details. Lol.

And how great for Ms. Betty! That is a lovely horse. I think they also won the under saddle in her adult hunter division, which is a very, very competitive section. The whole class was basically full of hack winners. Good for her!

3 Likes

The low jumpers are going now. Live scoring here; https://www.equestrianlive.com/class.php?showid=5818&classid=30296&HorJ=J

There have been some scary rounds so far.

It was Olin Armstrong. And it took a LONG time for him to get up, get the horse, and leave the ring (with assistance) as he was injured with a broken collarbone if I remember correctly. Judge pinned him first. Although it was certainly a lovely trip before that!

1 Like