Unlimited access >

Care for the Ariat V Sport Tall Boots??

Hoping I’m in the right place for this… I just bought a pair of the Ariat V Sport boots and I have no idea what to do about cleaning the outer panel of them. It’s almost perforated and I have no idea what it’s made of… feels like the synthetic material they sometimes use on boots. But before I go cleaning it with leather cleaner and conditioner, I just wanted to see if any of y’all knew specifically what to do with it. Couldn’t find anything on the Ariat website about it. Thanks in advance!

I have been using my Higher Standards stuff on them for the last 5 months, and it’s done the job. I do polish the foot, though.

[QUOTE=em_thom_;8232980]
Hoping I’m in the right place for this… I just bought a pair of the Ariat V Sport boots and I have no idea what to do about cleaning the outer panel of them. It’s almost perforated and I have no idea what it’s made of… feels like the synthetic material they sometimes use on boots. But before I go cleaning it with leather cleaner and conditioner, I just wanted to see if any of y’all knew specifically what to do with it. Couldn’t find anything on the Ariat website about it. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Are those the ones with the blue top cuff? I have been drooling over them! No advice on care, but I’d love to hear how you like them.

Loooooove them. no break-in time. The talls are tall enough (!!!). Look really sharp. I’ve even shown in them.

I didn’t even know about these, I’m in love!

I use higher standards soap on mine and to polish/shine them up before shows I’ve used black Leather CPR.

I have a pair and LOOOOOOVE them. LOVE.

I am pretty certain the outer panel is leather. I have been just wiping them down with a damp rag. Really haven’t had any need to “condition” them, the leather doesn’t feel dry at all.

I even wrote ariat and asked them the best way to care for these boots - but they were totally unhelpful!

I can say DO NOT use lederbalsam or any other sort of “waxy” conditioner on them. I accidentally “touched” part of the boot with a rag that had some on - and plugging the “white” wax out of the little holes was a real PTA.

And seriously - I LOVE these boots. I went for a 3 hour ride the first day I wore them. So much more comfortable than my paddock boots and half chaps, and they look sharp! People ask me about them all the time when I wear them.

I have a pair and I love them. Super comfortable on the first ride, completely broken in after the second, and I get lots of compliments on them!

I asked an Ariat rep about the perforated leather a few months ago and she confirmed that it is real, full-grain leather. The idea behind the perforations is to make the outer leather softer - while keeping costs down. The other way to get that softness would be to use a higher quality leather, which would push up the price of the boot.

In terms of care, I just wipe mine off with a damp tack sponge after use and maybe add a bit of whatever glycerin cleaner is handy if they’re grimy.

LOVE mine. I just wipe mine down with a damp rag

Thank you all!! I absolutely love mine as well. Broke them in within 3 days, only one blister! They totally screamed “eventer” at me when I first saw them, so I just knew they’d look snazzy out on cross country.