Unlimited access >

Cascadello I or other options for Cubito/Calando/Corrado Holsteiner mare

Good Afternoon,

I am looking for insight on Cascadello I’s lines and how he produces. I am considering him for my Cubito/Calando/Corrado Holsteiner mare. Stamm 318D2. Any other opinions on lines/stallions that would go well with her bloodlines are welcome. Below is a video of her as a 3 year-old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trvm5URuFhA

Pedigree

http://www.horsetelex.com//horses/pedigree/1491735

I love Cascadello! But I have heard not such good things about his frozen semen. I talked to one woman who had tried with three different mares and only got one pregnancy. A friend of mine tried in the states with a fertile mare and her vet said the semen looked awful and as was suspected the mare did not take :-(.

is this the same mare you were considering Furstenball for? Quite a difference in type between those two stallions. I am assuming, based on what little I know and the mare’s type that this is for a jumper?

I am far from an expert on breeding, especially the world of Holsteiners, so my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it. However, just a precursory glance from your mare’s and the potential pairing with Cascadello I, but that would be an inordinate amount of CdlB… There’s linebreeding… and then there’s straight ancestor loss. I read somewhere on the forum that him 2-3x in a pedigree is good, but any more is too much.

I watched the other video you have of her, and if I was going to improve anything it would be her gaits and her loin connection/hindquarters. I’d want a stallion who is known to pass on better movement (especially the canter) and scope. Legs are tricky in terms of heredity - movement is far more a consistent thing to be inherited. Specifically, I’d want a longer length of femur and stronger slope. What limited I know about her pedigree I’d wonder if you’d want to also pick a stallion know for quiet. Other than that she looks very nice. All of those attributes that I’d want improved would be improved by pairing with Cascadello I though – especially the movement and scope. Would it be too much CdlB?

I couldn’t possibly suggest a specific stallion, just because I don’t know as much as some of the other posters/breeders on this thread. Hopefully they will have more input for you.

[QUOTE=beowulf;8781309]
is this the same mare you were considering Furstenball for? Quite a difference in type between those two stallions. I am assuming, based on what little I know and the mare’s type that this is for a jumper?

I am far from an expert on breeding, especially the world of Holsteiners, so my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it. However, just a precursory glance from your mare’s and the potential pairing with Cascadello I, but that would be an inordinate amount of CdlB… There’s linebreeding… and then there’s straight ancestor loss. I read somewhere on the forum that him 2-3x in a pedigree is good, but any more is too much.

I watched the other video you have of her, and if I was going to improve anything it would be her gaits and her loin connection/hindquarters. I’d want a stallion who is known to pass on better movement (especially the canter) and scope. Legs are tricky in terms of heredity - movement is far more a consistent thing to be inherited. Specifically, I’d want a longer length of femur and stronger slope. What limited I know about her pedigree I’d wonder if you’d want to also pick a stallion know for quiet. Other than that she looks very nice. All of those attributes that I’d want improved would be improved by pairing with Cascadello I though – especially the movement and scope. Would it be too much CdlB?

I couldn’t possibly suggest a specific stallion, just because I don’t know as much as some of the other posters/breeders on this thread. Hopefully they will have more input for you.[/QUOTE]

Hello Beowulf,

Thank you for your reply. No this is for a completely different mare. Furstenball was for my dressage mare and yes, this mare we are discussing is for a show jumping.

In the video she is 3 and did a lot of growing since then. Some of the what you addressed has improved with maturity.

I have reached out to some that have youngsters by him. I have also seen a few crosses to Contender and other lines my mare carries. I like what I see and hear. Alas, it sounds like his frozen can be tricky.

I guess it’s time to get a more updated video of her :slight_smile: We are not breeding her this year but I’m getting a kick start on my homework early. Thank you again for taking the time to reply.

Caballogurl,

I have heard similar things :frowning: Thank you so much for reaching out.

ProspectHill -

Unfortunately, I heard confirmation from another person since I posted that his frozen is awful quality :-(. Of course the brokers say it is amazing but that is a whole another topic :-).