Unlimited access >

Cat Food Identification Help Needed Please!

Can you all help??? I just took on a cat that needed a home ASAP. He is from my hubby’s BIL who is quite sick and unable to care for him. Due to the nature of BIL’s illness (neuro) we can’t find out what the cat was eating. He arrived here with a plastic unlabeled container of dry food that is supposed to be special for some issue he has. Vague, I know! The cat food is dry kibbles that are fish, star, and round shaped that have a reddish dot in each center. Kibbles are brown or light brown, depending on shape. Can anyone identify??? Thank you!

Not quite this, hu?

1 Like

The vet might be a good place to check? If kitty has an issue, they might know what it is, or have recommended the food.

Very sorry your BIL is so ill :frowning:

1 Like

That’s getting pretty close, just needs the red dot.

That is meow mix.

Most of the brands that are upper end do not have cute shapes and colors (at least that is what my experience and google search have shown).

2 Likes

@cayuse I recommend taking a picture of the kibbles in a bowl, and sending it to a customer rep at chewy.com They have amazing customer service, and sell just about every cat food under the sun.
I agree w/ @trubandloki - it probably a flavor variety of friskies, meowmix etc. The royal canins and science diets of the world tend to just be little kibble circles, no crazy colors or shapes.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ll try to find out who the vet is that was caring for him but it might not be possible. BIL’s wife (hub’s sister) died a couple of years ago and it was “her” cat. IDK how much knowledge he has about it or if he remembers. The whole things a hot mess. My hubby’s brother dropped the cat off 2 days ago and said BIL who was usually a neat, tidy person had done a 180 and was living in a complete mess. Cat feces and garbage from one end of the house to the other. Pictures were awful.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you!

@BatCoach, That is such a smart idea! (Sending a photo to Chewy.) Great thinking. (Far more efficient than what I was doing, laugh.)

Thank you for giving this kitty a home! Sounds like the poor thing has been through quite a bit. The good new is that cats are pretty resilient. Even if you can’t find the match, you will be able to find something for kitty through trial and error.

1 Like

I just went to the Meow Mix website and it looks like it is probably their “gravy coated” tasty center flavor. It has the “red dot” in the middle from what I could see from the label picture. I’ll get a bag tomorrow and compare. Poor old kitty, he has soft poops from stress right now and the last thing I want to do it upset his system even more by changing his chow.

Thank you for taking him in. I’m sure he’s going to think he’s hit the lottery with you after he settles in.

2 Likes

Thank you for helping this poor kitty getting a soft landing.

Yes, this is Meow Mix Gravy Center. I had to feed it to my cats once when the store ran out of everything else and I needed to bring home someTHING. Now of course, I am torturing them by feeding them their regular food. Oh, plee call the Humane Society you spoiled brats… :roll_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

:joy: Cats!
My Poor, Abused boys decided the Friskies Extra Gravy is really not their favorite… After a friend bought me a case :tired_face:
They lick the gravy off & leave the literal scant teaspoon of mysterymeat pieces to dry out in their bowls.
Oh, The Horror! :scream_cat:

@cayuse {HUGS} to you & DH for helping out with/BIL & his cat.

2 Likes

This cat is quite the opinionated fella (note I did not use the word gentleman, lol) he has established himself head of the household in 48 hours. My two other cats I’m a bit worried about as they are older, and set in their ways, but things are getting sorted out I think (I really have no space to keep them completely separated for a few days, but there are plenty of places to camp out and windows to sit in) Everyone is finding there happy spot and will gather for treats. The cat is big, orange, rude and pushy. I named him Donald :crazy_face:. (sorry, I just couldn’t help myself).

2 Likes

The orange ones do have their opinions, don’t they? :rofl:

1 Like