Cavaletti

I am not strong enough to set up little grids with regular, old fashioned woodwn cavaletti. They are just plain too heavy for me. I have been looking at several different plastic “ends” and was wondering if any of you had tried out any of the ends. In the Big Dee’s catalog, there are some little end that you can stack up to make higher. They are made by Horseman’s Pride and called “Rail Razor”. In other catalogs, I see the white blocks that are basically square ends for cavaletti and can be set at 6", 8", 10", or 12". In my newest Smart Pak catalog, I saw little blocks calle “Lil’ Stacker” and they can be stacked from 2"up to 8" in 2" increments. To top it all off, The Blok is also offered.

Where do I begin? Have any of you had good or bad luck with the items I mentioned? Any other cavaletti products that you guys have used and recommend?

I am just long lining Rubianna right now. My ribs and legs are stll healing. I want to attempt to prevent complete and utter boredom on Rubianna’s part and thought some cavaletti work might be fun for her.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

The rail raisers are like 2" max and come in I believe a set of 4. They are good quality plastic as far as I know. The blok things are really nice, i’ve used them a few times and like them quite a bit. On the pricier side though!

I might help if you get plastic jump rails to put on and put them on plastic caveletti blocks.

Thanks

I have TONS of wooden rails. I use them just as ground rails, but I tought Rubianna might enjoy a bit more of a challenge. I love the lightness of the PVC rails, but worry about the them b/c I’m a worrier by nature and I’m afraid the horse might knock it more easily than a wooden rail and get caught up in it. It’s a fantastic idea for me not having to move the weight, but my time doing hunters and jumpers has really stuck with me…they always said only use a PVC rail as a filler & never for the top rail, as they were too dangerous and a horse could break them. Maybe it isn’t such an issue with a 4" cavaletti :wink:

I’d love to hear of any other ideas or experiences with bloks, etc. I’m hoping to get the best quality for the money. Thanks in advance.

I, too, have lack of strength and energy. :no:

I have used the plastic end-blocks to set up cavaletti and small crossrails with very good results. :slight_smile:

The only problem for me was moving the wooden rails around. Them suckers was heavy! :mad:

I am at a different barn now where my trainer is the only trainer and she is getting set up with equipment. I want her to look into light weight poles to use with the plastic end-blocks.

Being from a Dressage background I earnestly beileve in the use of cavaletti for the gymnastic training of both horse and rider. :smiley:

Thanks

I actually bought a set of Lil Stackers from Smart Pak. They work great and so far seem quite durable. Luckily I am using wooden poles. Rubianna has about zero respect for the rails. Gosh, I cannot imagine if they were lightweight. I am holding off on buying more stackers, as my b’day and xmas are coming. My dog seems to really enjoy the raised rails. He jumps over them with vigor. He runs circles and leaps over the cavaletti!!!