Unlimited access >

Cavallo Championesse/ Romfh International

All of my breeches seem to be wearing out at once, so I need to restock!

I ride 3-5 horses/ 5 days a week so I usually buy whatever is on sale cause I know they are going to take a beating. But I wind up just blowing through them - so I think it is time to upgrade!

I am looking at Cavallo Championesse and Romfh International breeches, but have never owned either.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice as to sizing? The tack shops around me have a very limited selection so it is hard to try on in person.

I’m 5’7 120lbs - very straight up and down, no hips/butt.

I usually wear a 26 in most breeches, 24 in Ariats.

I recently tried a pair of Trainer’s Choice size 26R, they were really nice quality, the waist fit me well, length was right, but the thighs were much too baggy for me.

Also as we are going into summer it would be great if they were lightweight - so any advice on the weight of the Cavallo’s or the Romfh’s would be great too!!

Many thanks in advance!

I like the Romfh Internationals and you would probably want to go with the 26s. I’m about the same weight, but a few inches shorter and a bit more curvy. The Romfhs are a pretty slim fit, but I find that I do need a belt to keep some “back” gapping at bay (like I said…I’m curvy. If it weren’t for my hips/butt, I could probably get away with a 26, but I have to go to 28). I have abused mine and they seem to hold up great- stacking hay after riding, got thrown in the washer with jeans on perm-press setting and then dried in the dryer (thanks for the attempt at being super-helpful DH!) and they came out fine. :slight_smile:

Im buildt like you, just a but bigger. No hips or butt either, no matter how many squats i do.

Anyways, i wear exclusively Romfhs. I keep trying to branch out, but literally every pair/style i have tried has been fantasitc and comfortable so i always come back. Dressage extensions often has them on sale too. I wash/dry mine occasionally as well, and they have lasted a few years now.