Unlimited access >

Ceecoach System

Please let us know how you make out!

@outerbanks77 , is your review posted someplace else? Inquiring minds want to know!

As things go, I only used the set for one lesson right after I got it. Finally used it again this month. Not professional quality, but easy to use and better than nothing. It was cutting out a little in the wind at the far end of the arena 200’ from my instructor).

I know this a somewhat older thread, but had no idea you needed to update CeeCoach. ( When in doubt read the instructions-gee) Ours has been working pretty well, but I thought why not update anyway. Tried it today, my set appears to go through the process but never stops flashing white ( instructions say it goes to solid yellow when update is done) and now the system doesn’t work at all. Anyone have any ideas?

I had to have a friend’s husband do the software update as we have no PC. The Cee Coach still cuts out at 10’. Tried having several techie friends solve the mystery. No luck. Expensive and worthless after 2 months and no tech support response. I was very lucky to find a Simultalk System in a used tack store recently and it’s been fantastic. Wish they hadn’t discontinued them. If you figure your CeeCoach out Pegasusmom maybe you can help me sort out mine. So far it’s a big waste of money.

I have had the Eartec Simultalk for like a decade. They make a belt pouch for it and different kinds of headsets or ear pieces. It’s an American company and I had to once get the set serviced and they were great. It turned out my coach had wrecked the microphone by spilling italien dressing on it from his sandwich. I sent the whole thing in to Eartec and they told me it was the coach’s headset that was the problem (coach fessed up) and they sent me a new headset. I think SS Tack even sells some accessories for it (or used to). The only other issue that I’ve had is that it works on a walkie talkie type channel system and you have to remember to set your own channel because there will be people at a show who have it and will utilize the factory set channel and then you’ll hear their whole conversation (and they yours). I have used Cee Coach in a clinic situation and didn’t like the ear pieces. In both the Eartec and the Cee coach, the headsets are not wireless.

I don’t understand why people aren’t just using their cell phones. Have your trainer call you; buy her/him a battery pack so that they don’t run out of juice, you’re good to go and it works two way, Also, you can use your airpods (wireless) or some other wireless headphone. Also it is easy to find a cell phone case for riding.

1 Like

I used my iphone with wireless headset for months but prefer the Simultalk. Trainer doesn’t have to use up her phone battery. We don’t have calls or texts interrupting. The Simultalk is lighter and clips easily on my belt without a separate holder. I use a wired one-ear headset with it. Between CeeCoach, Phone, and Simultalk I prefer Simultalk.

Our Ceecoachs are still going strong. We do update them every year or so. None of us still have the headset that came with the unit, but all sorts of different types work for different people. I like having a wireless one.

I didn’t think about getting interrupted–except can’t you just turn off the alarms and ringer? There are tons of portable external batteries and if every client just bought one for their coach that they charged and handed to them during the lesson and then took it to recharge, wouldn’t that eliminate the battery issue? It certainly wouldn’t be so easy for your coach to film video clips for you.

The Cee Coach seems flimsy to me. The one thing I have the most trouble with, however, is my Pixio/Pixem. Trying to update it and set it up really stinks and I am only successful about 1/3 of the time.

I am looking at the comtek and the earth. Does the comtek only allow one way communication? I like the Eartec “clip” does anyone use that?

We switched to phones since coronavirus and there is a lot more delay. It can be a little as half a second and as much as 2-3 seconds. Since I can still kind of hear the trainer it is weird to have the delay. I prefer going back to the system but will do what the trainer prefers.

Also using the phone means no one can take video - they can’t use my phone and the trainer can’t take video on their phone while on a call. We don’t do video every time but time to time it’s nice.

1 Like

Anyone have updated systems??

Considering the Eartec system.

I’ve been using these referee headsets for a few years now. They are inexpensive (and today on sale and cheaper than I’ve seen them before). Battery lasts a long time and they are good over a much greater distance than a dressage court (I often lesson in a grass driving arena that’s four times the size of a dressage arena and coverage is great even when I’m at the far corner from my coach). They come with an armband but you can also get a belt clip for them or just stick them in a vest/jacket pocket. The headsets are wired and since I don’t love having the sound shoved in my ear I use a small binder clip to hold the ear speaker to my helmet harness. I can hear well and it’s easy to remove after warmup at shows. Very happy with the system and the price.

Maxquall Referee Headset 2 Referees Full Duplex Football Wireless Comunicador Football Headsets Referee Communication https://a.co/d/abdKfyf

3 Likes

I have the old Eartec Simultalk wireless 24g from 10+ years ago. I was warned it was delicate and not a longterm radio. Well, after all these years I’ve only replaced the battery pack in each because it’d no longer hold a charge. They were meant to last a few years and they lasted almost 8 before wearing out. I’ve been very happy with it. I’m assuming they have an updated radio by now, but I’ve been happy with their customer service (sending me 2 battery packs for a total of $24) long after the system wasn’t sold.

1 Like

I’ve had my Equitrainer for nearly two years now, and am still VERY pleased! I love that it’s just an earpiece for the rider, no additional “box” or wires to worry about. I once forgot to take it off at a show, and was grateful that it was easy to just shove in my pocket before I went down center line. :sweat_smile:

The sound quality is fantastic, and range is better than a CeeCoach. It has started to lose a little bit of battery life, I now have to charge it after about 6 hours of use while when new it easily went 10+ hours.

https://www.equiteacher.com/en-uk/index.html

I don’t share it and handle it carefully, so I’m not sure how it would hold up to the level of abuse that some systems experience. For the price, it’s well worth it to have my own set!

I have had tremendous help from the CeeCoach FB page. I am hearing impaired and cannot have a lesson without radio aid. She has walked me through several “senior-not tech” issues, including a download to use ear pods, except we do not have a pc. I do use good quality Sony earbuds and the sound is great. I would try contacting their custom service on FB messenger. I’m sorry I have forgotten her name

Wondering how you connected to a wireless headphone. Does the CC have a bluetooth setting?

Thanks. Wasn’t able to get help at the time when I reached out. I gave the set away some time ago to a friend who can figure out almost anything. He couldn’t get it working either. Glad you got yours to work.

Yes. It was actually pretty easy to set up. I believe you have to buy the bluetooth compatible version though - they don’t all have it.