Unlimited access >

Ceecoach System

A head’s up for those of you considering the Ceecoach system. We purchased two sets (four units) for our coach as a gift. Within the first month of use, one of the units broke as did three of the headsets. They did not break due to misuse. I purchased these though Dressage Extensions and followed up with them. I was directed to the rep for the distributor, Peiker International. He replaced the unit without issue and sent me an email promising to send us replacement headsets. Fast forward three months (and numerous follow ups on my part) and we had still not received the replacements. I followed up with Dressage Extensions and they advised me that the customer service from Peiker is extremely poor, but that they would reach out to the rep for me. The following day I received an email from the Peiker rep advising me that despite his earlier promise, he no longer had any headsets to send me and that was that. Despite their putting me into contact with the rep, Dressage Extensions has not assisted us in any way.

In three months since purchasing them, we have had a fully functional system for less than one month.

We purchased the Ceecoach System for the headsets in particular. They stay on and you can’t feel them - the contrary was the big complaint from our last system.

If you are thinking of purchasing this system, I caution you that in our experience they are of poor quality and the customer service is also lacking.

2 Likes

Ugh. I have the ceecoach as a backup and the sound quality is much poorer than the comtek.
Also comtek has AMAZING customer service. Costs much more initially but they repair/replace pieces quickly. They are based in Utah and have beyond phenomenal service. Sooooo worth the initial higher purchase cost.
so sorry to hear about the issues with Ceecoach.

1 Like

Amazon sells the headsets. Not cheap but wanted to give you the FYI.

We had similar issues with the CeeCoach, lasted less than a month at our barn. We switched to WHIS and have been very happy.

1 Like

My ceecoach came with standard Jabra headsets. This is really like next-level crisis for you?

I’ve had other issues with mine but to say you bought it for the headsets is just bizarre. It’s the same headset that came with my Moto RAZR phone in like, 2002.

1 Like

Thanks for the helpful replies. The headsets that came with ours say Ceecoach on them, so I’m looking to replace them with something similar, but it’s difficult to find them with one earpiece and a microphone.

@soludinhere - not a tragedy, just wanted to share my experience. I wasn’t old enough to own a cellphone in 2002 so I don’t know if these are the same.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TSXFM1C/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521414424&sr=1&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3524794262&pd_rd_wg=Rs6vh&pf_rd_r=N6YJDY9DXTHSNMRTRMBA&pf_rd_s=mobile-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=9701&pd_rd_i=B00TSXFM1C&pd_rd_w=42my2&pf_rd_i=jabra+headset+with+microphone&pd_rd_r=0086784a-1861-41c7-9865-754bba9146a2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

1 Like

I’m looking at getting a system for my trainer. Are you still happy with the WHIS system? And where did you buy from? Only places I can find are in NL or UK. I’m a little worried if there are ever any issues and only place to contact is in Europe.

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. Both WIHS systems died, and no support from the manufacturer. Ours were purchased internationally, I don’t think there are any vendors in the US. We’re back to the old, clunky but ever reliable Comteks.

My whole barn uses the Ceecoach and I haven’t heard of any problems. I believe we all use non-standard headsets though. I went to Staples and picked out a bluetooth headset for mine because I’m bad about catching the wire when I’m getting on/off horses.

My CeeCoach quit working right after about two months.

Just a question: what is so special about using these systems vs. your phone and wireless headsets?

I have the old earrtek (Comtek) system. Worked great for many many years, but its clunky and the headsets are wired…

1 Like

I am the unofficial tech support for my trainer and her ceecoach system and every so often I need to update the software. If they stop working, try giving them a software update and see if that fixes it.

1 Like

You need to do periodic software and firmware updates. Be warned you must update on a PC computer only. Also headsets can be purchased pretty easily through amazon. They aren’t usually special to ceecoach. And also be aware the with the one ear headsets they could be set to the wrong ear setting if you have your ceecoach configured to mono instead of stereo. When doing the update on your computer maybe set it up as stereo so you can hear for sure through a one ear headset. (Some are set up right ear and others left so if your ceecoach is set in mono and it only works with one ear and your headset is set to the other ear it’ll seem like it’s broken)

1 Like

This is an excellent point. I was having major issues. I even contacted CeeCoach about them and I think this is probably the issue.

1 Like

Exactly. Had my system for almost two years, ready to give up on it for several different reasons. Finally had husband take system to work to do software update on PC and make stereo. Works great now, very pleased so are my clients,

Besides the very expensive Comtek system, are there any others? We keep having issues with our Ceecoach, Now only one unit can hear the other and they have to be turned on just so that even this works. Otherwise we cant hear each other at all. And this is after they had to replace parts where the charging cable goes :frowning:

Same question. This shouldn’t be difficult technology. It’s basically a walkie talkie, which we had as toys 30 years ago.

Has anyone tried something like this? I don’t often need to talk back to my instructor, so 1-way communication would be fine and well worth $90.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HXVB7M/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B071HXVB7M&pd_rd_w=BP0Nw&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=aGx2H&pf_rd_r=38JZD5HC3ZGMYYQK3SD0&pd_rd_r=053c1093-db7c-48c0-a4b0-7ca65d4f8112

1 Like

I went to Best Buy for a clinic and bought a very cheap walkie talkie style system… no idea about the name, but it works great… around $50

2 Likes

Well, I just ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NWBL6V7/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It should be here in Friday and I have lessons both days this weekend, so I’ll report back. They have a 30-day no reason return policy, so for $128, it seems worth a try.

3 Likes