Unlimited access >

Ceecoach

Having difficulty hearing my instructors during lessons. I am looking at the ceecoach system. Does anyone have any experience with them? Also does the instructor have to use an ear piece, or can they use a lapel microphone? preferably wireless…

I have one instructor that would be fine with the earpiece, but another that hates any of that sort of tech with a passion. I could probably get him to wear a lapel mic, but anything resembling a bluetooth head phone/ear piece would be a hard no…

1 Like

My coach asked me to bring earbuds along for next lesson. Because we’re expecting rain again. Last week it rained SO HARD i couldn’t hear a word she hollered. I’m guessing we’ll just be on a phone call? And that i’ll drop my iphone in my sportsbra. All that is fine, but i’m not so sure i want her that close…like inside my head. I think it will be really … strange feeling. I’m with that one coach of yours…lo-tek

My trainer has it. She tried another, less expensive option that was recommended in a thread here, but ended dropping that in favor of this one. She describes it as “game changing”. No more yelling all day. She can sit in a comfortable spot, out of the sun, and just speak normally. Wonderful for all of us. I love it too: I don’t have to raise my voice either!

1 Like

Blockquote

Do you know if you can use a lapel mic with it, or does it have to be an ear piece?

A lapel mic will work fine with a CeeCoach.

A CeeCoach may be fine for light use. The company is good at making repairs under warranty. I have never been that impressed with CeeCoach for many reasons, and found this when looking for other options:
https://www.equiteacher.com/contents/en-uk/p498_equitrainer-instructieset-equiteacher-compact-oortje-instructiesysteem-whis-wireless.html

I’ve only had this for about 4 months, but can only give rave reviews. I love not having any sort of box or cord on the rider end, it’s an earpiece only. I charge both the ear piece and the transmitter every 5-6 lessons or so. Sound quality is MUCH better than with CeeCoach too. Also awesome: the set is under $180, including shipping.

1 Like

May not work for you because of the tech phobia, but we use Bluetooth sunglasses and a phone call (8pond, the Bluetooth connection is good enough to travel the length of a regulation arena so I just leave my phone with my trainer.)

Got to wear shades anyway, so dealing with an earpiece as well was too much stuff. I like being able to hear my surroundings, too.

I have a mid priced pair of Lucid Lytes. My trainer has the expensive Bose ones. Mine are lighter and more comfortable than hers and the sound quality is excellent. In the event I lose or destroy these I will try out the really cheapo ones now I know what I know.

1 Like

A lapel mic will work fine with a CeeCoach.

A CeeCoach may be fine for light use. The company is good at making repairs under warranty. I have never been that impressed with CeeCoach for many reasons, and found this when looking for other options:
https://www.equiteacher.com/contents/en-uk/p498_equitrainer-instructieset-equiteacher-compact-oortje-instructiesysteem-whis-wireless.html

I’ve only had this for about 4 months, but can only give rave reviews. I love not having any sort of box or cord on the rider end, it’s an earpiece only. I charge both the ear piece and the transmitter every 5-6 lessons or so. Sound quality is MUCH better than with CeeCoach too. Also awesome: the set is under $180, including shipping.

Can you get this in the US?

Yes, they ship to the US

I’ve had this cheap set for about a year and it’s working really well. I use a different set of headphones on my side, and it comes with a lapel mic so the instructor doesn’t have to wear that headset shown in the photo. One of my instructors bought one and said it died after awhile, but she probably used it more in a month than I would in three years, so maybe not a solution for heavy use, but a nice inexpensive option for a student to have on hand.

I love being able to hear everything easily and clearly. I can focus on my riding more when I’m not straining to hear the instructions.

Edit to add link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJ366PB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My trainer has the most expensive CeeCoach and we all love it. It will be 2 1/2 years this month and no issues.

My CeeCoach worked great for a couple months then I’d lose connection anything my back was to the instructor. Couldn’t reach company for help. I have up on it as did two other friends whose had gotten them.

For a whole lot less money I’m now using a referee communication system. I strap it on my arm in the holster that comes with it, or can stash it in a pocket. I use a small binder clip to attach the earpiece to the harness on my helmet near my ear, which I FAR prefer to anything attached TO my ear. Works great! You may need to play with the “pairing” a couple times to figure it out, but it’s a been a good, reliable, system. $110 with coupon.

Referee Headset 2 Referees Full Duplex Football Wireless Comunicador Football Headsets Referee Communication https://a.co/d/7O2RsLr

So looking at some of these systems, some of the less expensive ones are one way only. I am thinking that is not an issue, not like I argue with my instructor, but how do you people who have used them feel about that? Do you miss the 2way communication if you don’t have it?

1 Like

I want two-way. Which the referee system has.

1 Like

A voice amplifier, like the type used by tour guides, can work really well too. Allows the coach to speak normally but have the voice project. Most are rechargeable and quite easy to use.

Here is an example on Amazon

I admit I have not looked at any of the links so this question might be answered there.

With the two way communication systems, does the person communicating have to push a button to talk? Or is it like speaker phones that just sort of over ride the other?
I worry about the breathing of a working rider causing the system to make them not hear the instructor.

I took lessons for a long time with an instructor using a CeeCoach. As a result of RA and some other physical issues, she is hard as hell on everything she touches, so little wonder the connections got wobbly and unstable. That was her, not the equipment. The stuff she wore, she wore the same way over and over again. Setting up different students and their helmets, belt/no belt, etc- that side of the equipment got wonky. The sound was incredibly crisp and I LOVED that she was just so normal in her tone, I hear like a bat but still, I was more relaxed knowing that I WOULD hear every word.

Once or twice per lesson I might need to yell something out. Otherwise, it’s probably better for my instructor that she doesn’t hear me wheezing and swearing. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Never had that problem with mine. Frankly it’s been working better than several far more expensive systems I’ve used. No need to push to talk. If you want it to be one way communication just turn down the volume on the set that doesn’t want to hear.

1 Like

My coach uses CeeCoach and during Covid we were trying not to share so I bought my own that pairs with my coach’s. I love it. It works well, very rarely will break up. I vastly prefer it for the two way so I can’t quietly acknowledge or respond without having to shout back.

For a lapel mic that would work except the coach would be able to hear you back without a speaker or earbud. Whatever you get just needs the standard 3.5mm headphone jack to plug into the CeeCoach.

My last two instructors have used CeeCoach. I have never been able to keep ear buds in and these were no exception. So I bought myself an earpiece with the over-the-ear hanger - much better! Since I only use the one, I can still hear outside noises. I can talk back and forth without pressing anything. The quality is generally okay. The biggest difficulties are getting the unit on my belt (odd clip) and arranging the cord to stay out of the way.