Unlimited access >

Century award for H/J?

As I am approaching an age where these things might be a possibility, I’m wondering - is there anything like dressage’s Century Award (age of rider + horse = 100; choose your test to compete) for H/J folks? If not, why not? It wouldn’t have to be AAs (could even be a flat class), but…

Thank you for pointing out that my mother and my horse could achieve this. I’m going to go lie down. She’s 29 and he’s 12, dang it.

3 Likes

USEA is doing it- https://useventing.com/news-media/news/usea-introduces-new-century-ride-award-mary-sawyer-and-unique-conversion-recognized-as-first-ever-recipients

1 Like

Same here Renn! Granted I’d have to teach my mom to ride first, but she’s moving up here this winter and going to be around 20 minutes from the barn so maybe I’ve just found her a new hobby and goal!

That’s good of them! I like that they give the plate and the ribbon and make a bit of fuss. It’s an achievement for both parties to still be competition-sound and enthusiastic about the endeavor. :slight_smile:

My mom took my fellow for a trail ride last month and they walked over a log. I guess I should call up Hodges and come up with an award!

Hmmm, my mom is not quite there yet, but our horses are on the younger side too. I won’t say her age, but it rhymes with mixty mine, and her goal for next year is to get back in the 3’ ring. She helped me start my young gelding 2 years ago too, she cantered on him before I did. She is goals as far as I’m concerned bc she will mention her age, but to watch her ride, you’d never know it.