Unlimited access >

Century ride

I’m 63 and Mr. Handsome and Talented but not brave is 21, so we’re 8 years out.

4 Likes

I am 71 and my guy is 20. Can’t wait to do this when eligible!

4 Likes

I guess humiliating was a poor choice of a word. The breathlessness and physical limitations from my health issues are frustrating to say the least.

Right now I doubt I would have the strength and stamina to ride even Intro A

3 Likes

I feel for you, Carol. I can’t imagine the frustration of going from galloping XC to wondering whether you can ride an Intro test. But you’re right, there’s nothing humiliating about riding Intro. All we can do is strive to do the best we can.

3 Likes

Well, it’s been quite a while since I rode XC but as equestrians I think we take physical strength and stamina for granted. We’re not used to saying “can’t” and it’s a real blow to the ego

6 Likes

Amen to that!
The concept of “running” anywhere has long been in my rearview :roll_eyes:
Speedy hobble best describes me now.
Hey!
At least we still have horses, right? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I am not sure my hobble is even speedy. But, by damned, I can still get on the horse. I have, over the years, missed a lot of riding time but it wasn’t because the horse was not sound. It was me :stuck_out_tongue:.

Susan

2 Likes

We’re 68 combined, so could potentially do it in 16 years (horse will be 30 but is a hardy 14.3, so you never know).

1 Like

I’m turning 70 next month and pony is 13.5… So in 2031…8 years.

3 Likes

Saw it on Facebook. What a super experience.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0DVpjSPJ5A8HPKGDR3AJvjmndwkbSmgqLioyZfagEZNhXYkwEVMDSaPKb19xT7wFKl&id=100063507071535

1 Like

Love the photos!

Nowhere near a century ride, at 58 and 24… Mare is retired, anyway.

1 Like

Those dapples :heart_eyes:

1 Like

68 and 7 for my main girl
68 and 5,14, 6, 12, 13 for the others i take to my coach for training (so far, but there are mustangs now getting started and they are older 16 and 17)

The 14yr old is a mule so, my century ride could be on him if no mustang comes along far enough.

1 Like