Unlimited access >

Century ride

Foxglove’s post got me wondering, how close are you to a Century ride?

I have just the one horse, and our combined age is 89. Six years to a Century ride!

5 Likes

I’m 55 and horse is 13… can’t quite figure out the math!

I deleted my previous post because I answered my own (dumb) question!

1 Like

So now, your combined age is 68. It will be 100 in 16 years.

2 Likes

67 and 15. We have 9 years to go.

1 Like

A century ride is one of my riding goals.

4 Likes

Sophie and I could do one in 2025 but my health is a problem. Would Intro A be too humiliating?

I have had that as a goal for years but really would like it at least First Level

8 Likes

Absolutely not!!! Do it!!!

8 Likes

65 and currently horseless here. But I plan on doing a Century Ride when I can. I was privileged to coach a Century Ride a few years ago and the rider was SO lovely and got a very good score. She rode a 1st level test (and won the class, though score and placing are not a requirement. You just have to finish the test). <3

2 Likes

69/21. The beast and I have to keep it together 5 more years…fingers crossed.

11 Likes

Do whatever level you can. We will all be cheering.

7 Likes

I’m too young and my horses are too old for the math to work out with the current crew.

But I did loan a horse to a relative for a Century Ride, and that was a lot of fun!

3 Likes

I have a ways to go but my friend at 80 and her horse at 29 are well past!!

4 Likes

Hi all,

Longtime lurker on the forum. 1st time posting. I just had to reply that I just did my Century Ride on Sunday August 7, 2022 on my 25.5 yr. Dutch Warmblood mare. I am approaching age 76. We rode 1st. test 2 at our St. Louis Area Dressage Society’s recognize show. It was a wonderful experience. Many barn friends and my trainer were there for support and encouragement . I received the Century Ride Black and Gold ribbon from the judge, and flowers from my trainer and friends. A champagne and food buffet was held in the show barn in my honor. I feel very blessed to have been able to do The Century Ride. I feel you only get old when you stop riding.

48 Likes

Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment! Do you have pics you could share with us?

4 Likes

Intro A is never too humiliating…Do it proudly!

Congratulations!

3 Likes

Plenty of photos. I just have to learn how to post them from email and my phone to here. Will have to ask someone more internet savvy than I.

4 Likes

I sure hope not!
I’m 4yrs out & riding so seldom I’d never dare more than Intro with my guy.
Me: 72
Him: 20? (unknown, but probably)

2 Likes

I am turning 67 next week. Horse is 20 (bd in May). Since our discrepancy in bd dates and the fact we don’t have many shows around here, I will have to hit 74 (with her 27 or 28). I guess we will be eligible when she turns 27 and I am still 73. Hopefully I can find a show. I am planning on it, our health willing.

Susan

5 Likes

I am truly honored that my fun little topic brought you to the board with such a lovely first post. Can’t wait to see the photos!

6 Likes