Unlimited access >

Ceramic Sheets

Hey everyone,

Im getting my new guy a ceramic sheet and I see there is numerous options now. I had a back on track sheet for my mare and it’s great but with the new options I want to see what’s best now.

Does anyone have the smartpak one or the professionals choice one? How do they work? Do they all work the same? How is the fit in comparison and durability?

Thanks!

I have a Professional’s Choice Theramic sheet. I’ve not used any of the others so can’t provide a comparison. But I like it a lot, so does my mare. It is excellent quality. I think they run a smidge large. The “Large” size range is 80-84 and it definitely fits like an 84”.

Awesome. Thank you. My guy is an 81 so I wonder if I should go to the medium or large. Also is it well ventilated or is it pretty thick? Any sliding issues? Rubbing on the withers or shoulders?

My girl was an 81 when I bought it. It was a bit roomy in the shoulders but not bad. She’s now very much an 84 though and it fits perfect.

It’s fairly “thick” I’d say. I don’t use it in the summer in Florida, too hot even at night time. I really only use it for an hour or two at a time, after a ride, my mare is out 24/7 and I don’t want her snagging it or getting it filthy. I did leave it on overnight at a show last year and it was fine, didn’t shift or rub.

I had Draper celiant sheet for my TB, I really liked it. I thought he stayed looser in cold weather with it.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the Weatherbeeta ones? I was looking for a stable blanket for my guy and the Rhino one I wanted is sold out everywhere, but Weatherbeeta also has one with padded withers and has ceramic on the topline and shoulders. I don’t think BOT will fit this horse’s withers and shoulder, from my experience with them and other horses.

I like the WeatherBeeta one I have but the belly blanket strap area ripped within 3 months of use. My gelding wears his all night so maybe about 10 hours a day and it is usually covered by another blanket. I am assuming the stress from the weight of the top blanket allowed the material to pull and then eventually rip. Another horse in my barn with the same blanket had the same issue. The other horses with BOT still have fully intact blankets.

Oh bummer thanks for the feedback!

I don’t have experience with either of those but have had a BOT and switched to a Benefab because it is a “looser” mesh (not as hot as the BOT). I like that I can use it in the summer (and have) without my horse sweating even being in the hot, humid Midwest summers. I was interested by the Smartpak one for the same reason but was worried the solid section along the topline would be too hot.