Unlimited access >

Chewy's, incredible customer service

We have been buying from Chewy for many years for our dogs. This last week our fifteen year old German Shepard Dog Sage passed away so we canceled the auto ship for her food. While canceling they noted that we had just received an auto ship for her, they said they are refunding the $115 they had charged for that shipment and then told us to donate that last shipment a charity of our choice (it will be Ft Worth Meals on Wheels that also supplies donated pet food to the elderly in need who were found to have been sharing their meal with their pet).

Today, a Chewy employee from the Dallas office hand delivered a flower arrangement to our front door in memory of Sage

74 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss.

My condolences. Godspeed Sage. how nice of Chewy.

Susan

I am sorry about the loss of your dog. They have sent me cards for my dogs who were PTS, and they have told me to donate food or things to shelters. I love Chewy.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry about your dog!

But I agree that their customer service is the best!

I’m sorry for your loss @clanter. What a kind gesture of them to honor Sage with :heart:

She lived a good life, she was my wife’s constant companion hiking trails, trained as a scent working dog by a FEMA trainer (wife and Sage together) she could find anything. While working with her scent work training here we ended up training one of our horses also (George) who was constantly at the fence watching, the two were a good team

We had many GSDs over the years Sage lived the longest by many years, each was special, none are forgotten

14 Likes

Sorry for your loss clanter.

Hugs to you all. :broken_heart:

Clanter, so very sorry for your loss.
WOW!!! Outstanding Customer service. We are just starting to get Chewy here on Central Ontario Canada and only hear great things about Chewy and their pricing.

I’m so sorry Clanter, our GSD is still micromanaging us at 10 years old and I hope he makes it as long as yours did. I remember all your stories about your dogs and I can imagine that was a big loss.

Also we love Chewy; they have done the same for other friends of mine. Good company that I’m glad to support.

I’m sorry for your loss :frowning:

Chewy did the same for me when I canceled our ancient Cocker’s Dasuquin etc, although they sent a card instead of flowers.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Sage. I hope your wife’s heart heals quickly.

I will add that Chewy is amazing. Their customer service is wonderful. I too, had an autoship come after one of my dog’s passed and they sent flowers and I donated the bag to the Humane Society and they refunded the cost.

I have missed using promo codes and I just pop on to their chat and apply the code after the order has been placed. Every single encounter I have had with them for years has been wonderful.

I am so sorry for your loss, @clanter. Sage sounds like she was a wonderful girl!

And I agree about the customer service at Chewy. I ordered a soft crate from them a few weeks before we were supposed to pick up our first dog in 30 years. When it hadn’t arrived a few days before we were to pick up the dog, I called Chewy to find out what was going on (order tracking said it had been delivered, but nope…). They immediately placed another order for me - at no charge - and put a rush on it.

I ended up having to buy a crate at Petco so we would have it to transport the dog home, and two days later, the first crate I had ordered from Chewy showed up, followed by the second Chewy crate the very next day. We decided to keep the Petco crate since we had already used it several times, and also keep one of the Chewy crates so we could have one crate downstairs in the living room and one upstairs in the bedroom. When I called Chewy to ask about returning the extra crate, they said, “Oh no, just keep it or donate it.” Good folks.

4 Likes

Just got this notice from my vet regarding Chewy and it really surprised me:

Dear Valued Families and Clients,

We are writing to inform you that we will no longer be utilizing the normal online portal for Chewy Pharmacy. This decision is based on our commitment to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.

Chewy Pharmacy has recently requested full access to all of our patient information software. This includes personal information of all client accounts including family members, stored data, credit card details, pet information, and patient medical records including previous medical decisions and therapies. We believe that granting such broad access would compromise your privacy and violate our ethical and professional obligations.

To ensure the security and confidentiality of your information, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue using Chewy Pharmacy’s online portal. We understand that this change may cause some inconvenience, and we sincerely apologize for any disruption it may cause.

We are currently exploring alternative options that will allow us to continue providing you with high-quality veterinary care while safeguarding your privacy. Please note that this change is limited only to the Chewy online pharmacy. Prescriptions written to all other online pharmacies, including our online pharmacy, and all brick and mortar pharmacies will be unaffected.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are committed to addressing your concerns and providing you with the best possible service.

Thank you for your understanding and continued trust in our practice.

3 Likes

Not OK at all. I hope that people vote with their feet. No wonder one of our COTH members recently got gifts from Chewy because Chewy said “a little bird told us” that the COTH member was pregnant (they were not.)

2 Likes

https://www.chewy.com/app/content/privacy

I’m sorry for your loss.

I’m also a very loyal Chewy customer. They have been phenomenal navigating 10+ different pets with Rx’s that are evolving, auto orders, order cancellations, etc. Every single person I have ever spoken with on the phone has been so kind and responsive it blows every customer service experience out of the water.

I find the email by that vet to be alarmist and incongruent from what I’ve heard from other practices, although many are opting out of online Rx direct relationships requesting clients personally submit a paper script to Chewy. I don’t foresee changing my habits any time soon.

4 Likes

@GraceLikeRain, Great, if you are OK with your vet being required to share your credit card information (which may be a different card used for Chewy) info about family members etc…

To each their own. Some people have no issue with all of their personal information being demanded from their vet (or others) by other service vendors and receiving pregnancy gifts from a pet supply company that has obviously been digging, but has got it wrong. Others do.

Convenience does seem to outweigh privacy concerns for many people.

1 Like

I am not dealing with the vets there, but I do love chewy.